neonoranges Registered User

Hey, as the title says i'm looking for a drummer. I play guitar/sing have a few other musicians interested but I need a drummer to start things up. Music is indie alternative grungy melodic. Influences Pixies, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Velvets, My Bloody Valentine etc. Based in Dublin.

robvam Registered User

how good of a drummer do you need and where in dub you based?

sMILIE Registered User

i rele need to start a band up or get into one to improve my drumming,, been letting it go de past few loadsa months bu absolutely nobody wants someone who never been in a band before----

hey SMILY NO WORRYS DONT LET THAT BOTHER U IF THE FIRST FEW BANDS TURN U DOWN ,I,V BEEN PLAYIN BOUT 8YEARS AND HAV THE SAME CRAP WITH MOST OF THE BANDS

SO KEEP CHIPPIN AWAY YOU 'LL GET THERE IN THE END

CHEERS

galwaydrummer Registered User

Smilie, It's difficult enough to find a good drummer around so if bands are in any way intelligent then they'll snap at a competant drummer that has a bit of ambition and cop on. My advice would be to look for any sort of bands with few preassumptions just until you get a bit of experience under your belt, also doing a bit of stuff for drum groups is suprisingly helpful for getting a bit of extra style and confidence, I've been doing that with Macnas in Galway. That's just the way I go about it.

Sorry to be off topic to neonoranges post.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!