• If the cost is less than €50 (20.45%)
  • If the cost is less than €75 (34.09%)
  • If the cost is less than €100 (36.36%)
  • Not at all (9.09%)
leinsterman Registered User

Some of us attended Photofest yesterday and got a first hand chance to see Guy Gowan in action showing how to get the most out of CS3, Bridge and other apps. I think we would all agree it was very valuable ... (lads please post your opinions here for the rest of the gang to see ...)

MikeyAnywhere was so impressed he forked out €180 for his DVD's ...

For the rest of you all we have is a link to his, half built, web page -
http://www.etipsntricks.com/

In case you don't know who he is .. he is one of the people who Adobe consult when they are designing CSx ... There is also a video at -
http://www.apple.com/uk/pro/techniques/aperture/workingwithaperture.html

He is pioneering non invasive techniques to get to most from your images ... (e.g. dodging and burning without using the dodge and burn tools in CS3) ... he has a very good way to make things seem easy to understand...
I think it would be extremely valuable to bring Guy over to Dublin (or hook it on to one of his many trips) for a full day session with the boardsies ... the cost is a bit on the expensive side so we would need numbers ...

Total cost is €1,500 for a full day plus expenses

Ok ... this may seem a lot but if we can line up 30 people is will be about €40-€50 each (I estimate) ...

So who is (in principle) interested, please vote above ... if numbers are big enough ... I'll follow up ...

Roen Registered User

Count me in, I'll go to €150. Can pay you via PayPal or any other means.

I'll figure out a way to collect the money if there is enough interest ... Roen can you vote in the poll ?

GristlyEnd Registered User

I'm willing to pay around €100 for this and can be confirmed as a definate. I just about remembered his mono conversion and tried it out last night. Very impressed.

DarrenG
I'm willing to pay around €100 for this and can be confirmed as a definate. I just about remembered his mono conversion and tried it out last night. Very impressed.

Darren ... Can you post the technique in the photoshop thread ?

sineadw Registered User

leinsterman

Oh yes please!

I'd go, but it'd have to be more like €50 before I could justify it TBH.

Fajitas! Registered User

I probably would depending on funds, and know a few others that would be interested.

... please, please, please vote in the poll ... if this thread gets a bit on the long side I'd want to have to pick out the information from it ...

I'll only proceed based on reaching critical mass and this will be judged purely based on the poll ...

sineadw
Oh yes please!

I'd go, but it'd have to be more like €50 before I could justify it TBH.

Fajitas!
I probably would depending on funds, and know a few others that would be interested.

sineadw Registered User

leinsterman
... please, please, please vote in the poll ... if this thread gets a bit on the long side I'd want to have to pick out the information from it ...

I did I did!! I was just being verbose

sineadw
I did I did!! I was just being verbose

ooops ... my bad ... must've not updated the browser or somthing ...

Hi ... there is a chance to book into a pre-existing seminar for €100 -

http://web.mac.com/etnt.ie/iWeb/etnt.ie/Retouching%20Workshop.html

This one is on 22nd June at NCAD ... places are limited but keep the votes coming ... Perhaps a better approach is to negotiate a group rate or ask them to extend into Saturday for a boards session ...

Dara Robinson Registered User

Count me in

GristlyEnd Registered User

leinsterman

Will post it up this evening.

Paulw Moderator

I'd be interested in this too. Could be useful.

rymus Registered User

definately interested after seeing him at the weekend.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!