rovers_runner Registered User

Hey,
I've joined as club as a country member and handed in the 3 cards for my handicap.

I got the chip card in the post and have a login for the golfnet.ie site.

Now the club told me i was getting 18 but upon logon to that site I see my handicap is listed as N/A although all my other information is correct.

Is this the clubs fault or the sites ?

Probably the club havn't had "handicap counting" competitions yet... i.e 18 hole full competitions.

Did you click on member details and handicap details...???

Your handicap record will say n/a but the other stuff should be up to date

rovers_runner Registered User

Yeah, that could be it, they've only had 9 hole members competitions so far.
Check member and handicap details and waiting on a call back from the club captain.
All other records up to date.

If I hand in a card in an open competition though will it be disqualified ?

Shouldn't be.. I would get a handicap cert or letter from your club stating your h/cap..thats routine and shouldn't be a problem.

Make sure they stamp it.

corkandproud Registered User

The "18" is only a provisional handicap, you will onyl get an official handicap once three qualifying rounds have been recorded.

GUI rules. If you win a club competition you should not be disqualified.

corkandproud
The "18" is only a provisional handicap, you will onyl get an official handicap once three qualifying rounds have been recorded.

GUI rules. If you win a club competition you should not be disqualified.

Not strictly true. A club may allocate a handicap once three cards have been submitted and that is that.

A club may also allocate a provisional handicap after three cards are submitted and then review it after three cards are submitted.

S

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!