kittensoft1984 Registered User

TristanPeter said:
It's in Bar No. 8 on Dock Road at 7:30pm. I don't know if Rag Week celebrations will have an effect on the plcae but hopefully not, or hopefully at least not that early.

Hope to see lots of people there

wouldnt bank on that! i was in town at 5.30pm last night and the place was packed!!!

skelliser Registered User

kittensoft1984 said:
wouldnt bank on that! i was in town at 5.30pm last night and the place was packed!!!

ya the week thats in it i doubt there is gonna be much intelligent disscussion with all those drunken students around, plus i havent finished the book yet

MattKid Registered User

Should make it 'interesting'

I suppose all we can do is see what happens.

garyal Registered User

Hi,

I just checked up on this to see if any progress was made and it looks like things are up and running big time. I've up to me whatsits in work over the last couple of weeks and forgot about it.

Anyway, I'm kinda glad I missed 'The Life of Pi' cause I couldn't warm to it :confused:when I read it. Tigers and Zebras on boats ain't my thing.

Am I to take it that book is done and dusted now after last nights meeting and has a decision been made on the next book and meeting date?

MattKid Registered User

Pretty much, there may be a quick recap on the 4th as a few people hadn't quite finished the book.

Get started on The Time Travellers wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

I'm going to set up a facebook group for the club to hopefully attract some more members

I had a great night last night. Great fun and behold...the bar wasn't full of Rag Week students. I was surprised actually.

That's would be great Matt. How does that work actuall? I'm sure I asked you last night about it.

I liked Life of Pi by the way but I really don't see why it got such acolades.

I had a great night last night. Great fun and behold...the bar wasn't full of Rag Week students. I was surprised actually.

That's would be great Matt. How does that work actuall? I'm sure I asked you last night about it.

Dazbags Registered User

Hi Guys, glad last night was a success. I'm sorry I couldn't make it last night I have an exam tomorrow and it's taken more time to study for than I anticipated and so didn't get the book finished. Will start on Time Travellers wife. Looking forward to next time.
The facebook group sounds like a good idea.

MattKid Registered User

TristanPeter said:

Facebook is a bit like bebo, you have a profile and link to friends and groups etc

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that the current book we are reading in BookClub is The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Neffenigger, in case any newcomers are unsure of what's going on. The book will be discussed at our next meeting @ Bar No.8, 7:30pm on the 4th March.

Happy Reading and hope to see you there

PopeBuckfastXVI Moderator

T-Bag... pick me up that book today will ye!?

MattKid Registered User

I've only read the prologue so far, I can feel the pressure building

PopeBuckfastXVI said:
T-Bag... pick me up that book today will ye!?

Hambo, I would pick up the book for you...but I'm extremely broke

If you like, you could "donate" or "Bertie" some money to me to act as BookClub moderator. I will reinvest this money into the club...and buy booze for me.

Sound good?

PopeBuckfastXVI Moderator

done.. I'll drop you over some *ahem* donations aprés work tomorrow

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!