towbar Registered User

Try formatting a primary partition to less than 120GB. I formatted a WD Book 250GB to have an 80GB primary and it worked. At 250 I found pressing number buttons during loading worked - it can take 2-3 minutes to load the disk.

degsie Registered User

<Moan: Why do people keep digging up old threads and make me think there is a new bargain on the go /Moan>

VanZan Registered User

same here...I got highly excited when I first saw the thread...I thought LidL were selling this again after I missed out on it the first time

DeadParrot Registered User

towbar
Try formatting a primary partition to less than 120GB. I formatted a WD Book 250GB to have an 80GB primary and it worked. At 250 I found pressing number buttons during loading worked - it can take 2-3 minutes to load the disk.

thanks will try that with the HDD
any idea about the USB keys?

Oh and sorry for digging up the thread, there was nowhere else I saw to ask

Shiminay Moderator

You were right to bring up the old post, everyone'd be bitching and moaning about "we answered all those questions on the old thread, do a search FFS!" if you didn't

It's been useful actually, I've not been able to get my external HD to work on it (forgot about the 32GB Cap on Fat32).

Slightly different but related issue:
I managed to get a set of speakers with no connectors for the surround sound and all I have to do is lay the cables out in the room and solder on some connectors (thank you Maplins) and that'll be that. I hope it will recognise external audio sources and play through these speakers. I have consoles and a "plugged into the telly" laptop to be hooked up! Has anyone tried this?

cabtaker Registered User

johnny_adidas
im assuming it'll play divx and vcds? doesnt say on the website exactly what formats

well its good, i tried an external drive and a memory flash and it plays avi files
from cds (including ff and rw picture search)
it is nigh impossible to find a player with usb2 compatability, even on the net

the good news is it will most likely be up on the shelf again pre christmas,

one issue is that the remote has to be aimed directly at the light on the machine

but all else divx, xvid cd, jpeg etc.

for 50 euros is the best value yet

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!