Ghost Train Custom User Title

thelastangryman
That has a cap of 32gb on Windows Xp.

So there is, my mistake

The Sparrow Registered User

so will this player play all types of video formats?? divx, xvid etc?

i had a chipped xbox with xbmc that was great because it would play everything, but it seems to have died

so would this play avi file formats if i burned them onto a cd or even cd-rw??

and while im asking, does anyone know how to burn an avi file bigger than the size of a cd onto a dvd-r or dvd+r? I tried a few times using nero but it has never worked. instead I have to convert all big avi files into dvd format which is kind of time consuming... is there another way?

Cheers

Tony H Registered User

woooo232
so will this player play all types of video formats?? divx, xvid etc? yes
so would this play avi file formats if i burned them onto a cd or even cd-rw??yes

and while im asking, does anyone know how to burn an avi file bigger than the size of a cd onto a dvd-r or dvd+r? I tried a few times using nero but it has never worked. instead I have to convert all big avi files into dvd format which is kind of time consuming... is there another way?

Cheers

when you are burning a dvd with nero you have to choose from a dropdown menu , choose the dvd option and you can burn all your avi files to one dvd and view them on the lidl player

Attachments
nero.JPG
The Sparrow Registered User

fitzdragon
when you are burning a dvd with nero you have to choose from a dropdown menu , choose the dvd option and you can burn all your avi files to one dvd and view them on the lidl player

Thanks a lot... very helpful

gerryo Registered User

Originally Posted by thelastangryman
That has a cap of 32gb on Windows Xp.

eolhc
So there is, my mistake

Yeah, that's the limit for Fat 32, you'll have to create multiple partitions on a big disk. Can the player handle more than 1 partion though?

thefinalstage Registered User

gerryo
Yeah, that's the limit for Fat 32, you'll have to create multiple partitions on a big disk. Can the player handle more than 1 partion though?

I never tried that actually. To the Bat Cave!

If I get it working on my player I'll let you all know.

Ghost Train Custom User Title

this free command line program seems to work under xp for formatting fat32 above 32gb
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm

Redisle Registered User

for anyone interested i just got the lidl brochure thing in the paper and its got a bit more detail on this, plays divx, mp4 etc... ive attached a scan... not the greatest scan ever but its readable...

Attachments
dvd.jpg
Xcom2 Registered User

Anyone know how to make this region free?

GrumPy Registered User

Does anyone think it's worth holding off on this player, and hope they get the hdmi version in again this side of xmas?

craichoe Registered User

thelastangryman
I never tried that actually. To the Bat Cave!

If I get it working on my player I'll let you all know.

Its actually quite easy to format LARGE fat32 filesystems,

Use:
http://www.crapcontrol.com/content.php?article.14

Although on a Mac or in Linux its just a matter of selecting the drive and clicking format

Shame you can't do it on Windows

And one other thing, although i keep raving on about it, why wouldn't ye consider splashing out an extra 60 quid on an Xbox and a modchip, Media center beats the ar*e of anything i've seen of these USB divx players.

It'll play ANYTHING, is networkable and also has a neat interface, hell it'll even play google vids or thelaunch on your 32 inch flat screen and plug into your hifi

It can also change the format from 4:3 to 16:9 and doesn't skip at all, oh . and it does support usb, you can just get an adapter for the front ports.

GrumPy Registered User

craichoe

And one other thing, although i keep raving on about it, why wouldn't ye consider splashing out an extra 60 quid on an Xbox and a modchip, Media center beats the ar*e of anything i've seen of these USB divx players.

you can just get an adapter for the front ports.

Softmod ftw

Anyway
I have three of them in my house, But I still want this player
Are you sure a usb flash drive connected to an xbox will play divx with XBMC? TBH, I never tried. But have all the cables etc...

What do people think of this player? Dunno is its PAL or not, but its features are same as LIDL player, except for added HDMI support

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/424180/art/sigmatek/xs-700-pro-dvd-divx-usb-h.html#fichetechnique

GrumPy Registered User

That player I linked from pixmani, doesnt seem to be PAL/NTSC

Wonder if there is a multi region hack? It also has no scart output, but everything else it does have

MisterAnarchy Registered User

craichoe

It'll play ANYTHING, is networkable and also has a neat interface, hell it'll even play google vids or thelaunch on your 32 inch flat screen and plug into your hifi

It can also change the format from 4:3 to 16:9 and doesn't skip at all, oh . and it does support usb, you can just get an adapter for the front ports.

I did that a few years back.
It worked well for about 3 months then started fragging and it has been a paper weight ever since.

Dingatron Registered User

Bagged one of these this morning. Looks good but won't get a chance to play with it till tonight.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!