Nalz Registered User

feck it...youd fit feck all on a 512mb, ah well

thefinalstage Registered User

The other one lidl sold a few weeks back worked with my 300 gb hard drive. If you format a drive to fat32 it will recognize it.

neacy69 Registered User

still dont get how you connect your laptop to it. Is it with the VGA out port?

Maxwell Registered User

Thanks for the comments

Will hopefully format my external drive to allow it to work with it.

For the capabilities of the card reader, its worth the €50 for ease of use alone i.e.the wife can take pics of our child and put them up on the telly straigh away.
...Lovely, less moaning!

loyatemu Registered User

hey thelastangryman

are you happy with the way it plays off the HDD - is it easy enough to browse folders etc

also does it play divx, xvid etc ok?

not sure about this one,
the one i had was grand.
very quick to browse etc as long as you stick with 8.3 filenames anymore than 8 letters and youll only se the the first 7and a ~

the other major issue i had was fastforwarding.
you couldnt fast forward on a hard drive or it crashed

the only option was watch from the start.

gerryo Registered User

neacy69
still dont get how you connect your laptop to it. Is it with the VGA out port?

I asked the same question a few weeks ago (about the previous player) - did not get an answer. Ended up buying a Transger DVX500E from Pixmania, which does not have a USB interface,but does have an Ethernet interface.

Still not sure what Lidl are on about, can only assume they mean files transferred from a laptop to a USB or HDD device can be played.

Ghost Train Custom User Title

gerryo
I asked the same question a few weeks ago (about the previous player) - did not get an answer. Ended up buying a Transger DVX500E from Pixmania, which does not have a USB interface,but does have an Ethernet interface.

Still not sure what Lidl are on about, can only assume they mean files transferred from a laptop to a USB or HDD device can be played.

The playing from a laptop thing seems to mean nothing, i don't see any way it would connect directly to a laptop. The vga out should let you connect it to a flatpanel display which has a vga input though

CTRob Registered User

It connects to your laptop through usb. You can browse the folders on your laptops hard drive through the on screen menu as long as your hd is in fat32 format.

GrumPy Registered User

Is the only difference between this new model, and the other one available a few weeks ago the fact this player doesnt have hdmi?

All the other features seem the same...

karltimber Moderator

thelastangryman
The other one lidl sold a few weeks back worked with my 300 gb hard drive. If you format a drive to fat32 it will recognize it.

how did you format an extarnal HD to fat32 - a simple case of right click and format or do you need windows 98 to do it as some work folks seem to think.

thx

loyatemu
hey thelastangryman

are you happy with the way it plays off the HDD - is it easy enough to browse folders etc

also does it play divx, xvid etc ok?

The browsing was easy enough and it loads files relatively quickly.
It played all of the divx and xvid files I threw at it.

I do have one major complaint about this dvd player though, The only way to access the usb port/card slots is through the remote taht comes with it. If the rather flimsy remotes they give were to break you would be pretty much fecked.

karltimber
how did you format an extarnal HD to fat32 - a simple case of right click and format or do you need windows 98 to do it as some work folks seem to think.

thx

I used partition magic. (I couldn't be arsed to find my windows boot disk)

*EDIT* Sorry about double post please merge ^_-

Ghost Train Custom User Title

karltimber

thx

With XP, if you right click on "my compter", and click manage, then go to "disk management", you should be able to format to fat32

eolhc
With XP, if you right click on "my compter", and click manage, then go to "disk management", you should be able to format to fat32

That has a cap of 32gb on Windows Xp.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!