Squidgie Registered User
#31

eoin said:
I'm sure there are some companies that do that. If you google for UK mail forwarding, you should get some hits. There was a US one as well, which was handy for all those American based retailers that are unaware of other countries existing, but I think it closed down.



try recession bustours.ie they receive anything from UK suppliers and courier them down south for €20

#32

Squidgie said:
try recession bustours.ie they receive anything from UK suppliers and courier them down south for €20


Thats great, instead of the ease and convenience of buying online I can go up North from Portlaoise for e30. Firstly though I have to buy a train ticket from Limerick! Remember the other half the country below Portlaoise!

Or you can try Mymemory.co.uk (Free Shipping) is an excellent site. Of course Pixmania and Komplett are good.
Planetgizmo isn't bad (at least they ship to Ireland) and Advancedmp3players is also good. Dealextreme are also excellent for gadgets and the like.

shoveltooth Registered User
#33

I was unable to buy a mankini off play.com because it was classified a gadget!!!!
Very Annoyed

#34

shoveltooth said:

Very Annoyed


Many will probably rejoice

Anyway, http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/costumes/borat-mankini.html

YoungPayters Registered User
#35

its also the same for amazon as well, they just dont send electronics to certain countries (lame)

RayCon Registered User
#36

Anytime I want to order a gadget or small electronics from play.com , I just edit my address ... I put IE as my postcode and United Kingdom as my country , everything else I leave the same and hey presto ... order taken , goods arrive usually 2 days later than normal (I presume they go around the UK Postal Service until someone figures out .. hey , this is for Ireland) ..

Ive bought earphones for my iPod and SD Memory Cards for cameras - never a problem (although I wouldn't recommend doing this for expensive items .. no more than £10 in value)

#37

I wonder how well it might work if you put in E1RE as your postcode?

GreenLand Registered User
#38

RayCon said:
Anytime I want to order a gadget or small electronics from play.com , I just edit my address ... I put IE as my postcode and United Kingdom as my country , everything else I leave the same and hey presto ... order taken , goods arrive usually 2 days later than normal (I presume they go around the UK Postal Service until someone figures out .. hey , this is for Ireland)


Thanks for that, just got pair of earphone from PLAY.COM

t0mm13b Registered User
#39

Has anyone experience of buying something from the UK or US and using borderlinx.com's designated address? Is is better or worse?

calum Registered User
#40

Since this thread was started when they didn't, and I haven't seen it mentioned since, note that Amazon UK have been shipping most gadgets/video games etc. to Ireland again for quite a while now. (Marketplace sellers are still a bit hit and miss, though.)

#41

adolfo said:
I got a dvd from Play without above problem


This thread is about electronics, not DVDs. Play have always sent DVDs to Ireland.

Dman001 Registered User
#42

I added a T Shirt to my basket on Play.com but said it can only be delivered to a UK address. I doubled checked their Help page and it says clothing can be sent to Ireland. has anyone else experienced this lately?

Allyall Registered User
#43

Does the UK post code BT11AA (As seen on Bargain alerts) Work for Play.com Electricals, does anyone know? I'm trying to buy a Present for my Nephew (iPod/iTouch docking station) - and never knew that they didn't deliver here. I just put €30 on Debit card, and now found out, they won't deliver to Ireland. Has anyone ever found a succesful way around this?

Reg'stoy Registered User
#44

Allyall said:
Does the UK post code BT11AA (As seen on Bargain alerts) Work for Play.com Electricals, does anyone know? I'm trying to buy a Present for my Nephew (iPod/iTouch docking station) - and never knew that they didn't deliver here. I just put €30 on Debit card, and now found out, they won't deliver to Ireland. Has anyone ever found a succesful way around this?


Be careful what you order with the BT11AA postcode, have been using it myself to buy books, games and DVD's (in sterling) basically anything small enough for a postman to deliver. Never had a problem untill I ordered a bigger book (bulk/big size) and play tried to deliver it by courier which led it to be returned in error back to them by the courier.

Sent them an e-mail explaining how I'd made a mistake in the address so have to see will they repost to irish address after I'm probably forced to pay in euro.

So be warned if the item is large or expensive I would assume that they will try to send it by courier and so it will end up been returned to them. Amazon.co.uk allow you to pay in sterling so compare prices and maybe go with them.

Reg'stoy Registered User
#45

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just an update on the above

We after many e-mails got our money refunded minus the postage costs to play.com. So lesson learned if it's big or expensive don't use the post code.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!