wba88 Registered User

Need to organize one by the end of the month (i know its a little late) anyway has any1 hosted or been to a good venue in dublin or know how much places charge? There will be 100+ ppl there, needs to have a bar. Thanx in advance

Rb Banned

A good few hotels let you rent function rooms with bars, Jurys ballsbridge for example. I'm not sure how much they charge, but they provide catering, bar staff etc. for the night.

I'm almost sure a few bars/pubs let you rent rooms free provided you can fill it, but can't think of any in particular off hand.

kjt Registered User

rb_ie
I'm almost sure a few bars/pubs let you rent rooms free provided you can fill it, but can't think of any in particular off hand.

I'm fairly sure messers beside Qbar is free.

wba88 Registered User

thanx ill look into that. any1else any suggestions plz keep them coming....

snickerpuss Registered User

Was in john m keatings over the weekend, they have a basement place with a bar, food. Very nice but i'd say it cost a bomb. Very nice though!

mhairesa Registered User

Capitol Bar just up from Georges St is nice, I had my 21st there and I reserved tables for free and got food at a reasonable price. Best of all its a cocktail bar and there's good promotions on.

Rb Banned

mhairesa
Capitol Bar just up from Georges St is nice, I had my 21st there and I reserved tables for free and got food at a reasonable price. Best of all its a cocktail bar and there's good promotions on.

Don't post in pink, please.

jos28 Registered User

Try Excise Bar in IFSC - Excellent venue. Have been to a couple of parties there. Great atmosphere. I think Alan is the functions manger.
Well worth a try.

Dónal Gravity is a harsh mistress

Gingerman down by the end of Trinity has a function room on the first floor and provide free food if you get enough people, I think. 100 would be a poifect size. Has a bar too.

If not there, I went to many an 18th in the Russell Court Hotel on Harcourt Street & Doyle's on college street.

besty Moderator

The Merrion Inn opposite St.Vincent's Hospital has a really nice free function room upstairs. Might be worth a look.

wba88 Registered User

besty
The Merrion Inn opposite St.Vincent's Hospital has a really nice free function room upstairs. Might be worth a look.

Cool.
Free
Upstairs
Next to a hospital
2/3 aint bad, mite check them out.

Update: Checked my bank balance on friday-its not too healthy so i will be enquiring to the free places and if any of them dont work out i always have my house!

tom-thebox Registered User

What night is it on? What is your budget? Let me know and I will send you over a few names and numbers. Some deadly venues in town

wba88 Registered User

Date: Sat 25th Nov (short notice i know)
Budget: Cheap as chips
100+ ppl. If possible kinda lean-e-ent (cant spell so i spelt it phonetically ) towards id e.g. a provisional licence is grand u know. Thanx

tom-thebox Registered User

wba88
Date: Sat 25th Nov (short notice i know)
Budget: Cheap as chips
100+ ppl. If possible kinda lean-e-ent (cant spell so i spelt it phonetically ) towards id e.g. a provisional licence is grand u know. Thanx

25th is a Saturday, you will find it very very hard to get a venue to let you in free or cheaply on a Saturday as the its normally the most busy night. If it was midweek you could have probally gotten a room tossed in for free if there was a 100 plus peps.

Ill ask around in the morning and update ya.

spacecoyote Registered User

you could try the westmoreland on, strangely enough, westmoreland street, they've got a function room which could cater for a not too large group. you'll be pushing your luck getting somewhere at this stage though, especialy given the close proximity to christmas, cos of christmas parties, etc...

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!