GrumPy Registered User

chilli_pepper
I enquired in the store in Walkinstown and they said they will be getting more in before crimbo...Hope they get enough in to supply all the boardies

Are you sure of this? I was gonna freephone lidl Ireland tomoro and ask the same question.....

monkeyfudge Registered User

cubix
Anyone have any luck getting a region free hack yet

Cubix

The 'open tray and press 9,9,9,9 and then 9' code worked just fine for me.

chilli_pepper Registered User

Irish GrumPy
Are you sure of this? I was gonna freephone lidl Ireland tomoro and ask the same question.....

Yeah thats what the manager said , it was probably one of their most popular "specials" in a long time...fingers crossed...I would like to hear from someone who has managed to connect a USB HD though ?

GrumPy Registered User

chilli_pepper
Yeah thats what the manager said , it was probably one of their most popular "specials" in a long time...fingers crossed...I would like to hear from someone who has managed to connect a USB HD though ?

Hopefully then they wil have some more in this side of xmas

Gonna ring them tomorrow and see what the craic is, and if they know if there's any branches that still have stock....
Does anyone know if Coolock sold out?

Irish GrumPy

Gonna ring them tomorrow and see what the craic is, and if they know if there's any branches that still have stock....
Does anyone know if Coolock sold out?

I'd say they could be worth trying. There was about 10 left when I got mine at around 9.15 this morning...

Arciphel Registered User

with regards to the person who mentioned that the manual says it only accepts usb and compact flash cards up to 512MB; yes it does say this in the manual but it is bollocks, i have had a 4GB compact flash card and a 2GB USB stick in the thing already with no problems.

i would recommend going for the S-VHS input if you have a normal SD television, makes a world of difference. Also SCART lead that comes with the unit is crap, invest in a decnet one if you don't have a S-VHS input on your telly.

very happy with the unit, know a few people today who left it too late and were disappointed. at the leixlip branch this morning when i got mine @ 8:15am, there were people buying four and six units at a time

mobby Registered User

Does the drive not need to be formatted as FAT32 ?

Page 15 of the manual states "The DVD player supports USB memory sticks 1.1 and 2.00 up to a capacity of 512mb" Tried it with a USB hard drive formatted with Fat32, no joy, bit of a bummer. As i thought i had a great little media player for €60.

GrumPy Registered User

monkeyfudge
I'd say they could be worth trying. There was about 10 left when I got mine at around 9.15 this morning...

Thanks for letting me know monkeyfudge, but it would be a bit of a walk for me tomorrow without vehicle

Dont wanna spend my lunch hour off college making my way there, to be only told theres none left, then walk back...

Irish GrumPy

Dont wanna spend my lunch hour off college making my way there, to be only told theres none left, then walk back...

Give them a call in the morning and see.

Is there a memory capacity on the SD cards it takes?

GrumPy Registered User

Arciphel
with regards to the person who mentioned that the manual says it only accepts usb and compact flash cards up to 512MB; yes it does say this in the manual but it is bollocks, i have had a 4GB compact flash card and a 2GB USB stick in the thing already with no problems.

good Man, I really wanted one of these

mobby Registered User

monkeyfudge
Give them a call in the morning and see.

Is there a memory capacity on the SD cards it takes?

Again it does say 512mb SD cards only, but it will now read my 1gb and 2gb Memory sticks so it seems a bit of hit and miss.

thefinalstage Registered User

The remote I got with this dvd player says that the make is a silvercrest KH6058
not KH6057 and I had a 1 gb usb stick working with it. No problems at all.

Just so you all know

Timans Registered User

I want one..

People who bought 5/6 at a time isn't fair. It was the same with the 360's.

Anyone got one for sale? Put me first in line..

My 1GIG Corsair memory stick doesn't work with it... what brands are you using?

GrumPy Registered User

monkeyfudge
My 1GIG Corsair memory stick doesn't work with it... what brands are you using?

Try formatting to fat32?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!