liamw Registered User

sonicthebadger* said:
Fizziks is hrd.

Don't understand? Just call it God, it's easier

1 person has thanked this post
sonicthebadger* Registered User

liamw said:

Shoot. What a waste of four years of study! I should have stayed in mass. Doh!

eoin5 Registered User

liamw said:

Its official then, God is the 4th dimension

Turtwig Censoring your opinion since you posted

eoin5 said:
Its official then, God is the 4th dimension

God is time then. Some physicists believe Time to an illusion....

mikhail Registered User

Malty_T said:
God is time then. Some physicists believe Time to an illusion....

Lunchtime doubly so.

5 people have thanked this post
sink Registered User

Why I am an optimistic atheist? Carl said it best.

4 people have thanked this post
Turtwig Censoring your opinion since you posted

Art Inspired by Science (And apparently, a small bit of pseudo . Though I'm no artist so I can't tell. .

(Invalid youtube)

2 people have thanked this post
Blank_ Registered User

A episode of "Louis Theroux's weird weekends" where he spends a few weeks with followers of the Westboro Baptist Church. Painful to watch!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7735501683185935638#

Dades Would you like to know more?

^^ Have watched all of that.

Love Louis' style - teeth hurt from the ignorance of his subjects.

liamw Registered User

Blank_ said:
A episode of "Louis Theroux's weird weekends" where he spends a few weeks with followers of the Westboro Baptist Church. Painful to watch!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7735501683185935638#

What scares me about the Westboro Baptist Church, is whether they are actually more Christian than the moderated secular majority? What I mean is that they take the Bible as the word of god, and are taking everything literally... so are they actually being more honest than those that tend to pick and choose?

Of course their logic when it comes to troops etc. is ridiculous but doesn't the bible clearly condone homosexuality, sex before marriage etc?

robindch Moderator

liamw said:
What scares me about the Westboro Baptist Church, is whether they are actually more Christian than the moderated secular majority?
That was Sam Harris's (AFAIR) point -- that the raving fundamentalists are at least following through on their belief that the bible is the word of god. The other christians just pick'n'mix to suit themselves.

sink Registered User

....the evolutionists nightmare

Earth younger than previously thought, say scientists

...70 million years younger so "We estimate that makes it about 4.467 billion years old - a mere youngster compared with the 4.537 billion-year-old planet we had previously imagined."

3 people have thanked this post
Dades Would you like to know more?

Read this earlier.

First thing I thought was that it's never a good idea to put "earth" and "young" in the same headline.

mikhail Registered User

liamw said:
What scares me about the Westboro Baptist Church, is whether they are actually more Christian than the moderated secular majority? What I mean is that they take the Bible as the word of god, and are taking everything literally... so are they actually being more honest than those that tend to pick and choose?

Of course their logic when it comes to troops etc. is ridiculous but doesn't the bible clearly condone homosexuality, sex before marriage etc?

I don't recall the passage in the bible where Jesus pickets a funeral with hate-filled slogans.

Just because some sects preach that the bible is all-important doesn't mean they're more Christian.

robindch Moderator

mikhail said:
Just because some sects preach that the bible is all-important doesn't mean they're more Christian.
In the long-standing absence of Jesus Christ to pronounce on the matter, it's irrelevant whether they're more or less christian than any other group.

What's important is that they believe they're more christian. In this, they share a lot with most other christian groups.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!