A_Sober_Paddy Registered User
#5,641

john_cappa said:
Look at each product and ask yourself why am I taking this? What is the benefit?

Get your diet in order and chances are you don't need a weight gainer (home made is far superior and I wouldn't count it as a supplement if home made).

Bcaa? Do I really need them if I am already eating 200g of protein as plenty of cals? Is it a waste of money to add 20 g bcaa? Yes IMO

ZMA total waste I think

Liver tabs unless on aas again I don't see the point.

aas?

#5,642

A_Sober_Paddy said:
aas?

What about it?

john_cappa Registered User
#5,643

A_Sober_Paddy said:
aas?

Steroids.

You may need liver support if on a harsh oral AAS e.g dianabol or superdrol etc. If not then its a waste of cash!

Paddywiggum Registered User
#5,644

Midlife Crashes said:
What kind of stack should I do when bulking....
I'm taking creatine, Protein, Weight gainer, Bcaa, Multi Vit and Omega 3....
Should that be enough or should I add Zma or dessicated liver ??

Bought a tub of Dessicated liver powder once. Very cost effective compared to the tabs, but my god the most foul smelling and tasting substance on the planet! I couldnt find anything to mask its taste!

If you really want to add something for sleep, try ordinary Zinc tablets instead of splashing out on ZMA, take about 40-50mg. a lot cheaper and nice dreams.

SpaceCowb0y Registered User
#5,645

Paddywiggum said:
Bought a tub of Dessicated liver power once. Very cost effective compared to the tabs, but my god the most foul smelling and tasting substance on the planet! I couldnt find anything to mask its taste!

If you really want to add something for sleep, try ordinary Zinc tablets instead of splashing out on ZMA, take about 40-50mg. a lot cheaper and nice dreams.

Have you ever tasted pure Calcium Ascorbate Crystals (100%pure Vit C) literally the worst thing i can think of!! Horrible stuff altogether but a great diuretic when taken with dandelion root!

Paddywiggum Registered User
#5,646

SpaceCowb0y said:
Have you ever tasted pure Calcium Ascorbate Crystals (100%pure Vit C) literally the worst thing i can think of!! Horrible stuff altogether but a great diuretic when taken with dandelion root!

haha no i havent! gonna stay away from it now too then!

tis funny how we can change our eating/taste habits though! couldnt stand cottage cheese, now cant miss a tub as my last meal.

ive always hated fish! but over last couple yrs have progressed from salmon to cod/whiting etc and now i have a can of sardines everyday. still couldnt touch anything that still had a head on it though!

SpaceCowb0y Registered User
#5,647

Paddywiggum said:
haha no i havent! gonna stay away from it now too then!

tis funny how we can change our eating/taste habits though! couldnt stand cottage cheese, now cant miss a tub as my last meal.

ive always hated fish! but over last couple yrs have progressed from salmon to cod/whiting etc and now i have a can of sardines everyday. still couldnt touch anything that still had a head on it though!

Mmmm.... cottage cheese with a scoop of protein and some mixed berries blended is gooood!

Haha funny you should say that i had a tin of mackerel the other day and loved it after skipping it for years!

My new favourite last meal is:
3 TBSP coconut milk
2 TBSP flaxseed meal
1 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
½ scoop whey
½ cup fresh raspberries
and a few drops of vanilla essence

works out around 340 cals and the taste is incredible ha! High fat, high protein, low carb! You cannot go wrong coming up to summer!

2 people have thanked this post
Charisteas Registered User
#5,648

Liam90 said:
I'm making an order off bulkpowders but am looking to cut costs, so i want to buy unflavoured whey but what does it taste like? As long as its drinkable i don't care.

Personally I'd pay the extra few quid and get flavoured. The unflavoured tastes like sour milk and leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

The money you save on unflavoured, you will probably need to spend on chewing gum or mints anyway!

1 person has thanked this post
RobAMerc Registered User
#5,649

Charisteas said:
Personally I'd pay the extra few quid and get flavoured. The unflavoured tastes like sour milk and leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

The money you save on unflavoured, you will probably need to spend on chewing gum or mints anyway!

I buy unflavoured and buy MP liquid flavourings - you can then change it up regularly, cheaply and you can also use them in a multitude of other things.
As we speak I am eating a pot of cottage cheese with toffee flavouring as my dessert - its kinds like angel delight ( I've never actually tasted angel delight so take this with a pinch of salt )

BTW - I bought some PW Jaffa Cake stuff as a replacement for some chocolate etc the wife ( and I ) might eat in the eves and I cannot seem to get rid - it's just vile no matter what you mix it with.

1 person has thanked this post
A_Sober_Paddy Registered User
#5,650

Gummy Panda said:
What about it?

What are they?

nice_guy80 Registered User
#5,651

buy one get one half price

Optimum Nutrition on Elverys.ie

http://www.elverys.ie/category/Optimum-Nutrition/0000000685

Zombienosh Registered User
#5,652

nice_guy80 said:

5 pounds 68.95 ****in hell thats a rip off.

Oisinjm Registered User
#5,653

nice_guy80 said:

Just checked their prices and its a joke. Even with that offer they only end up roughly on par with most supplement shops. €39.95 for AmiN.O. Energy and €68.95 for a tub of whey... farcical. They're decent on the singular bars and sample sachets though. CGT-10 isn't a bad price either if you get it for half price.

Oisín

#5,654

Zombienosh said:
5 pounds 68.95 ****in hell thats a rip off.

That's ON's current RRP. Must think its gold dust

nice_guy80 Registered User
#5,655

'just sayin...
not like I'm buying the stuff and sniffing it, or anything

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!