irish1967 Registered User

There are quite a few great plates running around these days.. anyone seen ones that are apt, memorable,funny or just plain silly?

Heres a pic of the most expensive N.I plate on a Dodge Ram LHD... its apt both for the size of the beast it is on and for the price paid (£104,000 sterling)
(the same guy from belleek in Co. Fermanagh paid £30,000 each for BIG2 and BIG3 on the same day)

Attachments
image006.jpg
2 people have thanked this post
irish1967 Registered User

Heres one spotted this evening... First time I have seen an english number on Irish county plates... Quite clever though.. was on a nice new Merc

Attachments
sligo.jpg
Stephen louis walsh has pie!

And not road legal at all.

The Muppet Registered User

I don't have a picture but I saw an X5 with the plate X5 OIL the other day.

zuutroy Registered User

Saw an Irish M3 with Irish numbers, but the plate was German. i.e. Had D instead of Irl above the EU stars. Bit strange I thought.

kikel Awaiting Email Confirmation

Seen a blue Mazda MX5 a few years ago. Can't remember the year but it was XX MH 5. The H was made look like an X. so it read XX MX 5

RobAMerc Registered User

zuutroy
Saw an Irish M3 with Irish numbers, but the plate was German. i.e. Had D instead of Irl above the EU stars. Bit strange I thought.

At the terenure classic car show I noticed a few irish cars with irish regs but german D plates ?
The cars were all Audis bmws etc so I presumed they are a german car club or something.

Silvera Registered User

The 'IG' in AIG, BIG, etc was actually an unused 'Irish' combination up until about a year ago. i.e. Ireland - North or Republic - could have used it!

Co. Fermanagh 'took' it as their combinations were running out.

jayok Registered User

No photos but I did see:

A Lexus LS430 with the reg 02-LS-430

and Honda S2000 with

xx-D-52000 (with the 5 shaped as an S) ..

Do-more Registered User

Here's another one of those "German plates"

I was wondering where in Germany Ä represented and then wondered about the strange number spacings, had a look at the tax disc and it was in fact an English number A398HKD, totally illegal spacing and letters! My guess is it is an attempt to beat Radar cameras.

Also saw 05MH54 on an Audi S4 close by, the 5 was "rounded off" a little to look like an S!

Remember years ago seeing the English plate A 1 on a Mark 1 Granada Estate being used as a service barge by Dunlop at the Phoenix Park Races. At one time when Dunlop was going through hard times they reckoned the plate was worth more than the company!

What are the small numbers on the right side for?

Do-more Registered User

Bond-007
What are the small numbers on the right side for?

I would guess that they are the date of first registration 13/10/82

qz Registered User

Saw a Merc S55 AMG once, spaced exactly like this, no bars:

04 D4 04 55

Max_Damage Registered User

I saw a Nissan Sentra (remember those?) in Granard today with the reg. KIT xx (xx being numbers, obviously). Somewhat humorous.

NiSmO Registered User

Funny one on the internet lol

and seen 9* - d- 1337 on a toyota carina! lmao

6 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!