Dotcomdolly Registered User
#1,246

Yeah it really is a skeleton staff, instructor wise.
They have a load of new classes starting next week which should be good.

faolteam Registered User
#1,247

Major Issues, with Locker Thefts, they have removed there bags they gave you for wet clothes,
They are only using one jacuzzi most days which leave the other one cramped,

I have found the gym equipment filthy, and not working,even when u report it at desk
Most of them do not work, the Staff are poor they are hard to find and do not want to help you feel like begging and the inside of lockers and toilets are bad,

Cut down on there Passes too

Rob87 Registered User
#1,248

1 more person needed for Carlisle gym triple membership - €185 each

Hi All,

Two of us are looking for one other to renew our memberships at the Carlisle gym. Looking to sign up before the end of the week.

PM me if interested.

Rob

DOMMM Registered User
#1,249

Def intertested am looking to re join.
Dommm

LOLA08 Registered User
#1,250

my membership is nearly up in westwood leopardstown, and i just went onto Ben Dunnes site the time table is good and all the classes are free.
for €200, compared to westwood €900 a year, what I would like to know is how busy is it in rush hour, from 5.30pm to 7pm those are the times i'd be going.

rubadub Registered User
#1,251

I did hear people say it was packed around that time you mention, they are not members, just looked in the big windows. It could become less as the year goes on and the new years brigade drop out.

I think it is 360 for a couple to join, not sure how this works, i.e. if it can be just 2 random strangers like you see people asking in other threads. At that price I was even thinking of it for showering facilities cycling to work!

LOLA08 Registered User
#1,252

Like all ex t/f members my current membership is up in march it was this time last year that t/f closed. so i can only imagine that Ben Dunne will get a flood of new members in march, who are in the same boat as me.
rang up ben in s/f and the chap said they have capped the classes its a 1st come 1st servied. i dont fancy q for a bike or to do a step class waste of time when you could be doing free weight and use that time for good purpose, hard to know after all as you said €200 is really a shower at the end of the

DOMMM Registered User
#1,253

Hi
I am looking to renew my membership of the Carlile gym, there is a deal if 3 join together, anybody interested ???

Dommm

fifi2 Registered User
#1,254

Hi there, im just wondering if anyone here is a member of Ben Dunne gym in Sandyford. I am thinking of joining as it is reasonable and close to where i live.
I would be primarily interested in the fitness classes so i wonder if the evening ones get filled up very fast or are there usually spaces available?
Any feedback would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

roashter Registered User
#1,255

I've been a member of Ben Dunne Sandyford for past 3 months and find it excellent value.
It is very clean, and all machines are new and working. Theres a large weights area and unlike other gyms i've been in, most members are putting the weights back in their place. It gets pretty busy between half 5 and 7, but that is to be expected. Staff are friendly enough also.

I haven't done any of the fitness classes, so can't really comment on those, although they look to be fairly well attended.

1 person has thanked this post
#1,256

Body health and fitness in Sandyford. It's a great gym with better equipment than alot of commercial gyms. €29 per month, with no contract!

saa Registered User
#1,257

Anyone in the Tallaght towards Kiltipper area should consider the Postal club gym, its pretty empty most of the time, free classes everything you need and its 230 a year I have lived in the area for three years and always avoided it because of the 600 euro price tag on other places, only con for Postal club is the opening times are limited and its smaller.

fifi2 Registered User
#1,258

roashter said:
I've been a member of Ben Dunne Sandyford for past 3 months and find it excellent value.
It is very clean, and all machines are new and working. Theres a large weights area and unlike other gyms i've been in, most members are putting the weights back in their place. It gets pretty busy between half 5 and 7, but that is to be expected. Staff are friendly enough also.

I haven't done any of the fitness classes, so can't really comment on those, although they look to be fairly well attended.

Thanks for that. I'm worried that the classes might get full very quickly which was the case in my last gym and you would have to be there a good bit before the class to get a space. I might take a wander up there some evening and suss it out at busy times. Would be interested to hear if anyone else knew about it??
Thanks again for the advice!!

Gav.80 Registered User
#1,259

Looking to join Carlyle gym this week, if anyone is ready to join by Friday it is cheaper for 2 and 3 people to join at same time, will be away for a week from sat 21st so hoping to join thurs or fri, pm if interested, Thanks

millymash12 Registered User
#1,260

Looking to join Ben dunne gym off abbey street with my friend soon. Pm me if you want to avail of the special offer with us.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!