#1

Any idea where business liquidation auctions are usually advertised? Or are they usually a bit hush-hush and kept between those in the know?

Cheers

wyndham Registered User
#2

www.wilsonsauctions.com

They have a place out in tallaght with auctions every week of cars, commercial disposals, liquidation stock. They also have frequent auctions on site in commercial premises that are closing down. What were you looking to buy?

Have a look at the Scottish auctions they do on behalf of the police forces. Interesting stuff. All shoplifted gear that was not reunited with it's owners and similarly lost/stolen bicycles.

#3

Hey wyndham, thanks for the link.

I'd be looking for a few bits and pieces for a home office type thing. Maybe a few things I know I can flog elsewhere, while I'm there.

Maybe a car too, do you know what makes a rental company sell a car there? Is it after a certain mileage or when its a write off practically?

Is this the only place company liquidators offload stuff?

Thanks

wyndham Registered User
#4

Rental companies always try and keep their stock of cars less than 12-18 months old. Be careful with the cars. Rental cars will have been driven by Americans who are used to automatic shift and the gearbox/clutch may be wrecked. It's the same with the ex-garda cars. They literally have the sh1t driven out of them at high speeds. Cars driven by people that don't own them will never be as well looked after.

Office furniture auctions are held by Herman/Wilkinson, based in Rathmines. They have an auction every Thursday morning in their saleroom in Rathmines. The stuff is usually as cheap as chips. Viewing on Wednesday afternoons. They also hold auctions on different premises if there is enough stuff and these are advertised in The Irish Times every Saturday. (Look at the art/antiques sales reviews) They recently sold the first tranche of stuff from The Central Bank and I think there is more due up soon. The prices for this stuff was quite strong though because of the history attached to it. For example you could have got the boardroom table and chairs at which the governors sat monthly and set interests rates, etc

1 person has thanked this post
lanternman Registered User
#5

The liquidators and receivers use specific auctioneers so keep a look on their web sites.

http://www.rocheassociates.ie/

http://www.eauctions.ie/

http://www.mckay.ie/mckay/auctiontender.asp

However, for pieces of furniture etc. you are best to go to the people that the above auctioneers load their stuff off onto! This is because the auctioneers will not auction off office furniture unless it is worth holding an actual auction. In most cases they just sell the stuff as a lot to a second hand furniture shop/contact.

1 person has thanked this post
kitesurfingbum Registered User
#6

www.eauctions.ie (three sales at present)
www.donedeal.ie (not liquidations, more like the buyandsell, but good value)

Rex Manning Registered User
#7

This is for the UK but might be worth a trip over if you have a van:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008/feb/09/consumeraffairs

HTH

PS: Mods, not too sure what the story is with posting links but if it's not allowed, please delete

kitesurfingbum Registered User
#8

Liquidations auctions update

www.eauctions.ie
contents of Dell factory, limerick
1500 computers for sale

Dutch liquidation auction company entering the Irish market
www.daanauctions.com
3000+ items for sale

1 person has thanked this post
random.stranger Registered User
#9

liquidationitem said:
I have been to numerous auctions at Wilsons Auctions. There are some great bargains to be had. I bought items from Office Furniture, Household Furniture and Bathroom Furniture. My house is nearly sorted now! Just need a new bed! Lucky they have another furniture auction coming up this saturday so maybe I will get sorted then!

Have a look at their website www.wilsonsauctions.com It is kept updated with what is happening. Don't be robbed in the High Street!!

i popped "www.wilsonsauctions.com" into google & it gave a warning message:

This site may harm your computer


I know wilsons auctions are a big reputable company, but I think you need to sort out your site.

conman Registered User
#10

random.stranger said:
i popped "www.wilsonsauctions.com" into google & it gave a warning message:


I know wilsons auctions are a big reputable company, but I think you need to sort out your site.


it doesnt always means there are problems, it just means it was "reported" as an attack site...

scottyboy1973 Registered User
#11

wyndham said:
Rental companies always try and keep their stock of cars less than 12-18 months old. Be careful with the cars. Rental cars will have been driven by Americans who are used to automatic shift and the gearbox/clutch may be wrecked. It's the same with the ex-garda cars. They literally have the sh1t driven out of them at high speeds. Cars driven by people that don't own them will never be as well looked after.

Office furniture auctions are held by Herman/Wilkinson, based in Rathmines. They have an auction every Thursday morning in their saleroom in Rathmines. The stuff is usually as cheap as chips. Viewing on Wednesday afternoons. They also hold auctions on different premises if there is enough stuff and these are advertised in The Irish Times every Saturday. (Look at the art/antiques sales reviews) They recently sold the first tranche of stuff from The Central Bank and I think there is more due up soon. The prices for this stuff was quite strong though because of the history attached to it. For example you could have got the boardroom table and chairs at which the governors sat monthly and set interests rates, etc


A mate of mine in the insurance industry reckons that you'll actually get cars cheaper privately now than at auction. Lots of new people are going to auctions looking for a bargain and tend to get overexcited, pushing the price up. Also, ass obvious as it sounds, you MUST have a mechanic type person with you as you are literally buying the car as seen.

random.stranger Registered User
#12

conman said:
it doesnt always means there are problems, it just means it was "reported" as an attack site...

Point taken, thanks.

Shaneod21 Registered User
#13

Yeah you also need to put a deposit of €500 aswell down at wilsonauctions! Also agree you really need a mechanic with you. There are some good deals there.

marknoonan1974 Registered User
#14

here is another one, more industrial kind of stuff tho

http://www.b2bauctions.eu/

radioshuk Registered User
#15

marknoonan1974 said:
here is another one, more industrial kind of stuff tho

http://www.b2bauctions.eu/


That site is a joke i bid on it several times and even though was winning bid on items with no reserve still never won even though i had email to substantiate this so dont waste your time

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!