Garlic Suplmnt Registered User

I'm not an angler at all and was looking at this thread randomly. Just have to say I think it's a great thing the consideration a lot of ye have for the welfare of the fish yis hunt. Fair play

8 people have thanked this post
Auldloon Registered User

Macspower said:
Been a while since I had a ton bag..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's an amazing haul of fish. Never done this style of fishing so if these are silly questions please forgive me...
Is it normal and safe practice to have a load of fish out of water like that? How do the ones at the bottom of the pile cope with the weight and pressure on top of them?

Macspower Registered User

Chuileog said:
That's an amazing haul of fish. Never done this style of fishing so if these are silly questions please forgive me...
Is it normal and safe practice to have a load of fish out of water like that? How do the ones at the bottom of the pile cope with the weight and pressure on top of them?

No such thing as a silly question.... The fish are kept in a keepnet of at least 2.5 m long so they can swim around until the end of the session.. then we get ready the weighnet and groundsheet for the photo.. they are removed from the water weighed and photographed and returned with a target time of 3 mins.. they all go back alive.. to be caught another day.

Had another great haul yesterday but the fish weren't the same size as the last day.. over 60lb with some fantastic DACE... yes dace...

Specimen Dace

4 people have thanked this post

New to this thread. My best catch of last year. Nearly that time again. Can't wait

1 person has thanked this post
pigeon shooter Registered User

nice browny!!! What did he weigh in at?

pigeon shooter said:
nice browny!!! What did he weigh in at?

It was the first week of the season, looked like she had just spawned. she was nearly 9 lb. Hard to tell exactly. The small scales was struggling.

pigeon shooter Registered User

Ronnie Beck said:
It was the first week of the season, looked like she had just spawned. she was nearly 9 lb. Hard to tell exactly. The small scales was struggling.

Not too bad! Shes a beauty! Looking forward to this years season now! Its only around the corner now thank god!

danbrosnan Registered User

purehoor said:
they obviously dont show ye how to handle pike down there in the home of wild fishing. dont think youd like to be clamped by the mouth and hung up by it. disgrace!

Thanks for the advice, not used to course fishing no and it didn't even cross my mind to be honest!

Compton Registered User

Ronnie Beck said:

Lovely fish

Newry Canal 14/2/2012, as tempting as it was to give the Pike as a Valetines Day gift to my wife it swam off happy as Larry!

[ATTACH]193819[/ATTACH]

Attachments
pike.jpg
jay tipperary Registered User

(Invalid img)

5 and a half pound canal pike

experimenter Registered User

Ronnie Beck said:

Was it returned?

experimenter said:
Was it returned?

No.

bonzoscout Registered User

500kg black marlin caught stand up last year in indonesia,s maluku islands. Caught on 50 lb tackle. Had to change boats during the fight to keep up with her had it to the boat 3 times with nobody game enough to leader her. eventually she died after a 4 hour fight.

bonzoscout Registered User

206kg bluefinn tuna caught by Brian Stapleton out of Downings aboard the bonito skippered by Ailaster mc Ilwaine,

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!