byte Registered User

Yeah, there are roads being dug up in Donegal Town and Twin Towns also for this broadband... I'm presuming it's the Goverment's Metropolitan Area Network fibre optic thingy. Doubt if it'll be much benefit to the average Joe Soap.

Fair play irish1967 on getting somebody to do something with your pair-gain woes. I had pair-gain woes too when I was in Ballintra, and upgraded to ISDN, where they had to remove the PG for ISDN to work. A few days before the ISDN was installed, I had noticed my speeds had increased from 28k to about 46k, so I knew they had the PG removed.

Bocban Registered User

Has anybody ever heard of a company called Cross Country Broadband. They claim to be able to provide the following to any rural location.

"Our one way satellite broadband package starts at €29.50 per month for our 256Kb.speed with our 512Kb. speed costing €42.50 .
Our 1 Meg. and 2 meg. speeds retail at €65.00 and €95.00 respectively per month.
Our hardware costs amount to €285 which is a once off payment and covers everything you need to receive our broadband package."

http://www.crosscountrybroadband.com/home.html

deman Registered User

Bocban
Has anybody ever heard of a company called Cross Country Broadband. They claim to be able to provide the following to any rural location.

"Our one way satellite broadband package starts at €29.50 per month for our 256Kb.speed with our 512Kb. speed costing €42.50 .
Our 1 Meg. and 2 meg. speeds retail at €65.00 and €95.00 respectively per month.
Our hardware costs amount to €285 which is a once off payment and covers everything you need to receive our broadband package."

http://www.crosscountrybroadband.com/home.html

Seems a bit steep doesn't it?

1 person has thanked this post
muffler Moderator

Have a look through this thread
Could save you some money - prices aren't available yet but it shouldn't be too long

ednwireland Moderator

mind you barnesmore was out yesterday due to meteor cutting through the power cable putting up their new mast

Carrickman Registered User

Got hooked up to Eircom Broadband in Carrick a few weeks back great to have internet access at weekends now.

Bocban Registered User

Spoke to NWE today, they are hoping to have broadband access up and running by the end of the summer for the Castlefinn and surrounding areas....hmmmm.

Has anybody checked out the new 3 mobile broadband DataModem(E220) yet, is this a viable option or just more hype??
http://www.three.ie/handsets_new/datacards_e220.htm

ednwireland Moderator

seen the vodafone 3g card and seemed to work pretty well get a 3g connection over 2 miles from a 3g mast quick as well

deman Registered User

Bocban
Spoke to NWE today, they are hoping to have broadband access up and running by the end of the summer for the Castlefinn and surrounding areas....hmmmm.

What are NWE's contact details?

byte Registered User

deman
What are NWE's contact details?

NWE Wireless
Unit 16
Skeoge Ind Est.
Derry
N.I

Phone: +44 (0)2871 351999

Fax: +44 (0)2871 352123

www.nwewn.com

deman Registered User

byte
NWE Wireless
Unit 16
Skeoge Ind Est.
Derry
N.I

Phone: +44 (0)2871 351999

Fax: +44 (0)2871 352123

www.nwewn.com

Thanks

Bocban Registered User

Got this email reply from NWE at the start of June. Might be worth registering your interest if you live in this area, might speed things up if nothing else.

We are planning to build a base unit in Castlefinn to cover your area.We don't have a completion date as of yet but should be before the end of the summer if you would like to apply.
Regards
N W E

online@nwewn.com wrote:
> This data was submitted via a web form at
> http://www.cranfordss.net/nwe/register.php?area=Castlefin&service_type

Bocban Registered User

I got a reply from NWE in relation to my question of when a base station would be available to service the Castlefin/Crossroads area.

"we now have base stations @ Convoy (Mulnagarry Hill) & Binnion ( between St Johnston & Lifford) which may provide coverage to your area."

Does anybody actually know where Mulnagarry Hill is because it's not coming up anywhere in Google and what is the likelihood of having a line of sight to it from the Crossroads/KillyGordon area?

sesswhat Registered User

Bocban
I got a reply from NWE in relation to my question of when a base station would be available to service the Castlefin/Crossroads area.

"we now have base stations @ Convoy (Mulnagarry Hill) & Binnion ( between St Johnston & Lifford) which may provide coverage to your area."

Does anybody actually know where Mulnagarry Hill is because it's not coming up anywhere in Google and what is the likelihood of having a line of sight to it from the Crossroads/KillyGordon area?

May be referring to Mullaghagarry, better known as the Steeple near Kilross junction on the Stranorlar to Convoy road. There are a few hills between there and Killygordon but you should have a better view as you cross to the other side of the valley at the Crossroads.

muffler Moderator

Thread now moved to the Donegal forum

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!