Mad Mike Registered User

OK I'm looking for a list of the "must see" side quests. I don't mean quests that get you awesome loot (hardly nessecary when street beggars seem to wear daedric armour at higher levels!!!). I mean quests that are particularly imaginative or entertaining. Avoid spoilers please - perhaps just give the name of the quest (if you can remember it), where it starts and a quick non spoilery description of why the quest is worth doing.

To avoid duplication lets assume that the Fighters guild, Mages guild, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood and Arena quest lines have already been covered.

OK Ill kick off:

Quest: "Through a nightmare darkly", starts in Bravil MagesGuild. Its a bit like one of those "Crystal Maze" gameshows.

Quest: "Where Spirits Have lease", starts in an inn in Anvil. A guy down the pub (who seems to be in a hurry to leave town) offers to sell you a house for a knock down price. You just know you are being set up but I'm a sucker for a bargain.

Quest: Can't remember the name but starts in the "Bloated Float" on the waterfront in the Imperial city. This one caught me by surprise. I thought it would be nice to spend a night on this former boat turned into a dockside inn but I certainly didn't expect what happened next.

Vegeta Moderator

I love the nightmare one and the boat one they're class.

I cant remember the name of it but have you done the one where you are in the painting. Very different

superfly Registered User

a brush with death?
yes very cool

not a quest as such (well i believe its part of a Daedric quest) but i came across a female soldier early on in my wandering around admiring everything phase and she was just standing around in a Aeylid ruin and she won't talk to you, so i had a go at her but she whooped my arse so i left her alone
but i came back lately and smacked her bottom and it turns out she has the best sword in the game apart from one you make yourself
it has a 120 soul trap on stike and is a 28 damage on my level 15 and because its a quest item doesn't weigh anything
its found at

Spoiler (Show)

That one is part of a daedric shrine quest. ^^^ Cant remember his name. :/ You must be level 20 to do it. Its really close to the ruin iirc.

Daedric shrines are some of the best quests you can find. Sanguine is one that sticks to memory. There's also one where you

Spoiler (Show)
Can't remember what shrine though. Could be molag bal.

Duras Registered User

Sanguine is the funniest I played so far. As it is almost impossible not to get detected it may degenerate into a totally cool scenario.

Spoiler (Show)

Vegeta Moderator

that mission/quest is class. What craziness

GrumPy Registered User

superfly
a brush with death?
yes very cool

not a quest as such (well i believe its part of a Daedric quest) but i came across a female soldier early on in my wandering around admiring everything phase and she was just standing around in a Aeylid ruin and she won't talk to you, so i had a go at her but she whooped my arse so i left her alone
but i came back lately and smacked her bottom and it turns out she has the best sword in the game apart from one you make yourself
it has a 120 soul trap on stike and is a 28 damage on my level 15 and because its a quest item doesn't weigh anything
its found at
Spoiler (Show)

This one sounds cool, but is there any point me looking to do it? Im only a level 13

You can get the sword whenever you want (if you can kill Umbra), but to actually "officially" start the quest, you must be level 20.

EDIT: Sorry i just changed "cant" to "can"

Duras Registered User

I want to add the "Knights of the White Stallion" quest to this list. You start it in the castle in Leyawiin. Pretty cool with some team work for a change.

singloud Registered User

I liked the Sheogorath Daedric quest and the one where your in the guy's dream

funky penguin
You can get the sword whenever you want (if you can kill Umbra), but to actually "officially" start the quest, you must be level 20.

EDIT: Sorry i just changed "cant" to "can"

to follow on from this, your best off just not doing the quest at all, as long as you don't finish it, the sword is weightless.

1 person has thanked this post
Duras Registered User

I just did the one of the last quests of the Thieves Guild (the one with the Arrow of Extrication). As I play as Argonian I was happy enough to wander in the deeps of the cave. After a long journey in the deep I found a Giant Slaughterfish. It looks very much like the normal ones, but it's huge. After a cool underwater fight managed to slay the beast. He was packed with goodies, probably he swallowed a bunch of armored warriors in the past. :-)

Did anyone else find the monster?

Vegeta Moderator

Duras

class, had never heard of this but am very impressed

vasch_ro Registered User

Duras
I just did the one of the last quests of the Thieves Guild (the one with the Arrow of Extrication). As I play as Argonian I was happy enough to wander in the deeps of the cave. After a long journey in the deep I found a Giant Slaughterfish. It looks very much like the normal ones, but it's huge. After a cool underwater fight managed to slay the beast. He was packed with goodies, probably he swallowed a bunch of armored warriors in the past. :-)

yeah luckily i had a breathe spell so I was able to tackle it !!!

a5y Registered User

Mad Mike
Quest: Can't remember the name but starts in the "Bloated Float" on the waterfront in the Imperial city. This one caught me by surprise. I thought it would be nice to spend a night on this former boat turned into a dockside inn but I certainly didn't expect what happened next.

I love that one (An Unexpected Voyage) but Zero Visibility has to be my favourite.

Description:
Spoiler (Show)

1 person has thanked this post
Enemy Of Fate Registered User

Eh theres the one with the painting and the magic brush...you'll definitely remember it if you've done it.Think its in Skingrad, although i'm not sure, its been over a year since I did it.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!