rainglow Registered User

The salon I go to have started doing these, but it's €300 for a full head I saw on another board that a girl had gotten a set off Ebay for ~€60 and they were perfect.

Does anybody have any experience with them? How many do you need to do your full head? The set I was looking at has 8 pieces - 8", 7", 5", 2x3", 3x2". Would that be enough?

fabcat Registered User

I'm not 100% sure on how to apply them, but if you go to salon services off the naas road or terrisales in Abbey street, you should be able to talk to the staff and I think they're far cheaper. I used to work with a girl in a hairdressers who put her own in and they were only €5 each. (They looked great, by the way, and I have a skilled eye for extensions and wigs)

panda100 Registered User

I got a set from wigwam in stephens green shopping centre for 150 euro about a month ago!They are fantastic and dont look fake at all. I got two different hairpieces and one was 100 euro and the other was 50 euro.Highly reccomend the wigwam ones

Nickibaby* Registered User

And in wigwam they will clip them in for you and you can see what they look like on you before you buy them.

Panda are yours made from human hair?

fabcat Registered User

Panda, are they easy to put in?

panda100 Registered User

Yep you really do just clip them in.I have a thicker one that I put at the top of my head and then a less thicker one that goes underneath.Literraly takes 2mins to put them in.Great when you wanna jazz up your look for a night out.

I think they are made from human hair my ones which I feel quite bad about now after reading about the hair trade industry,but I didnt know that when I brought them. In wigwam they have loads of shades and my ones match my hair perfectly.They even cut it at the front for me to make it blend in with my natural hair.

jamiegam Registered User

rainglow
The salon I go to have started doing these, but it's €300 for a full head I saw on another board that a girl had gotten a set off Ebay for ~€60 and they were perfect.

Does anybody have any experience with them? How many do you need to do your full head? The set I was looking at has 8 pieces - 8", 7", 5", 2x3", 3x2". Would that be enough?

Hi Rainglow

Theres a new place beside my office beside the ******* theater in dame street,,it has a pink shop front..they have a website

http://www.hairextensions.ie/

J

My friend who has experienced a lot of hair loss in the last two years is getting married in a few months. Would these be of any use to her do you know? She has tried every drug etc. with no luck and I know she is anxious about having terrible hair on her big day. Advice appreciated.

CathyMoran Moderator

neuro-praxis
My friend who has experienced a lot of hair loss in the last two years is getting married in a few months. Would these be of any use to her do you know? She has tried every drug etc. with no luck and I know she is anxious about having terrible hair on her big day. Advice appreciated.

Would she consider a wig? I had a wig for my big day last December, they styled it like normal hair and it looked great.

IrishPhoenix Registered User

On www.hqhair.com, they have a hair extensions brand called Hairdo that do both human and synthetic hair. They're really reasonable, less than €100 and they look really great!

MayMay Registered User

Anyone seen the clip in hair extensions Dunnes are doing now? They look awful.

Morbid.Angel Registered User

I haven't actually tried on the clip in extensions from Dunnes, I have seen them though and they do appear to be of poor quality.

I gotta say I'm lovin' my new pink leopard print ones though! <3

1 person has thanked this post
Morbid.Angel Registered User

Btw, Rainglow; the measurements you listed there should be plenty for a full head unless you have extremely fine/thin hair. 8 sections of weft is pretty much standard though!

Morbid.Angel
I haven't actually tried on the clip in extensions from Dunnes, I have seen them though and they do appear to be of poor quality.

I gotta say I'm lovin' my new pink leopard print ones though! <3

Nice!!!

CathyMoran
Would she consider a wig? I had a wig for my big day last December, they styled it like normal hair and it looked great.

I don't know. The thing is that the hair loss is patchy - she has lost perhaps 30% of the hair from her head, most of her eyebrows and all of the hair from her arms and legs (she's not too fussed about that one ).

A wig might be overkill as she actually tries to keep her hair shoulder-length and she styles it carefully in the morning into ponytails and plaits to hide the bald spots.

I might mention a wig but I really am interested in whether or not these clip-extensions would work for her.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!