Cr8or Registered User

I signed up for Irish Opinions a Paid Survey service a 6 months ago... the service seems like a bit of a scam... just to quote what they offer you:

For every survey that you complete, your Irish Opinions account will be credited (typically with between €1 and €2). When your account balance reaches €10, we will reward you with a gift voucher for one of a range of well-known high street and Internet shops.

The scam seems to be the number of surveys they send you never reaches the €10 euro mark. Since I signed up I have only offered 4 surveys that made a total of €7.. Anyone else noticed this?

4 people have thanked this post
rsynnott Registered User

It is certainly a common scam tactic on these sort of sites to give you stuff to do until just under the payout rate. That said, I thought the site in question was meant to be reputable enough.

1 person has thanked this post
MyBaby Registered User

I joined up a couple of months ago to this site. Got one survey to do which made me 1.50 euro, havent received anything else since.

John Mason Hosted Moderator

Cr8or
I signed up for Irish Opinions a Paid Survey service a 6 months ago... the service seems like a bit of a scam... just to quote what they offer you:

The scam seems to be the number of surveys they send you never reaches the €10 euro mark. Since I signed up I have only offered 4 surveys that made a total of €7.. Anyone else noticed this?

I joined about a year ago and get offered surveys at least once a month but they always say thanks but we have enough in your age range or other such nonesense

10 people have thanked this post
dudara Administrator

After about a year of participating I have €3.50 in rewards. I get offered 1-2 surveys every month, but I rarely meet the criteria. it's tiresome.

samo Registered User

The last 3 surveys I've been sent by them have all come back as 'sorry you not qualify'

I'm stuck at €8 the last 3 months as well and need one more survey for my 10euro amazon voucher which amazingly I never seem to qualify for

Saint_Mel Registered User

I got a voucher for €20 from them before, I think I'd just completed
2 surveys at the time. Most of the ones I get send now I either dont
qualify or they have already reached the target participants.

My current balance is €3.00

mel123 Registered User

Well, i came to the conculsion that its a scam also. What i found happening to me a lot was i'd get a survey, answer say 5-10 questions, and THEN they would tell me 'sorry you dont qualify' etc etc. I believe the first questions they were asking were really what they wanted to know in the first place.

11 people have thanked this post
davidegallazzi Registered User

I have registered with them about 1.5 years ago. At the beginning I was not receiving any survey, then the surveys start to come in. I got the first €10 voucher, after which the frequency of the surveys increased significantly.
I completed a number of them, enough for a further €10 voucher. They never sent the second voucher, claiming all sort of lame excuses (system back logged, voucher lost in the mail, etc.). I too have came across surveys which would ask me a good few questions and then tell me that I was not qualifying for the survey. Even worse, I completed a survey and have never been given the reward.

I start to think that this website is a scam.

2 people have thanked this post
badbrian Registered User

Interesting this thread. I can't remember when I joined irish opinions but it seemed to have taken me years to get to 8.75. Then I seemed to stop qualifying for the surveys. I decided to make myself younger so as I had exited the magical <36 Age group. I finally got up to €10 there recently so I will take it and run. It was absolutely the hardest €10 I have ever earned (I still haven't got it yet - the last credit is still processing).

I would advise people to stay well clear. There are far easier ways of making a tenner. I would imagine a lot of people don't even ever get there either.

3 people have thanked this post
Saint_Mel Registered User

Saint_Mel
I got a voucher for €20 from them before, I think I'd just completed 2 surveys at the time. Most of the ones I get send now I either dont
qualify or they have already reached the target participants.

My current balance is €3.00

Forgot about this thread ... I'm up to €6.50 now with €2.25 pending!

Dord Registered User

I'm up to €9 now, I can't remember how long I've been signed up to Irish Opinions. I've been getting a lot of surveys in the last few weeks. I usually get one or two every few weeks now.

2 people have thanked this post
peepsbates Registered User

Had 3 10 euro vouchers from them, up to 3 quid on next one

dudara Administrator

I did get one E10 voucher a while back and I am well on my way to a second. It' takes a while though

nava Moderator

Hi

I started doing surveys early 2006, took me about 10 months with 8 surveys to get my 1st €10 voucher late 2006, since them I completed about 5 surveys, I completed a new survey last week for another €3 once they review it and add it to my account I will be able to get another €10 voucher.

So is not bad, they estimate how long each survey will take to complete, from that they pay depending on that is €1 for about 8 min. But they do take less to complete than what they estimate.

Regards

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!