Brian Moderator

Speaking of headphones reviewed by Tyll, the AKG K-550s are pretty cheap on Thomann:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/akg_k_550.htm

That's about €40 less than most UK sites.

Debating whether to pick them up instead of Q701s imported from the States. If the 550s had a detachable cable I would be certain.

Brian Moderator

Another edition of the FA-003/HM5/Jaycar Monitor

Now sold by Amazon UK!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-20378-Premium-Hi-Fi-Headphones/dp/B0057P09EK

1 person has thanked this post
Weepsie Registered User

Klipsch Image X10i IEM for 105 + 5 postage on blitzme this weekend. I really want to get em, but don't exactly need them.

I got the AIAIAI TMA-1 deal from blitzme so I trust them at last.

TPD Registered User

Any recommendations for an upgrade to some soundmagic pl30? Had them for a couple of years, sadly the connection seems to have gone in the left earpiece. Budget of around €40, could be pushed a bit higher if I'd be narrowly missing a great deal.

I have a pair of meelec m6, so I can use those while waiting on shipping. I find them a bit muddy overall and too quiet compared to the pl30, but that might be the result of a bad seal.

The bass was getting quite impressive on the pl30 the last few months, after customising some silicone bi flange tips with some memory foam. I'd like as much, or more, bass from the replacement.

Cheers

TPD Registered User

I've put in an order for a pair of VSonic GR02 Bass Edition after reading the head-fi multi IEM thread. Will post back in a month or two with the results

Edit: $36 from lendmeurears.com

xtal191 Registered User

TPD said:
I've put in an order for a pair of VSonic GR02 Bass Edition after reading the head-fi multi IEM thread. Will post back in a month or two with the results

Edit: $36 from lendmeurears.com

How are the vsonics? Thinking of ordering them from lendmeurears, how long did delivery take?

Jackobyte Registered User

Ordered Meelec M6's the other day. Expected delivery is the 28th.

TPD said:
...I have a pair of meelec m6, so I can use those while waiting on shipping. I find them a bit muddy overall and too quiet compared to the pl30, but that might be the result of a bad seal....

I think the same about the meelec m6. Bit too woolly/muddy and too much bass.

Well for me anyway. I do like them because they seal well, for isolation on bus, office and are small so you can rest your head on a pillow etc. I would like something similar sized, but just with better SQ.

Jackobyte Registered User

BostonB said:
I think the same about the meelec m6. Bit too woolly/muddy and too much bass.

Well for me anyway. I do like them because they seal well, for isolation on bus, office and are small so you can rest your head on a pillow etc. I would like something similar sized, but just with better SQ.
Just received my M6s. First impressions was that they were muddy, as you've said. Isolation on them is great though, and they are mainly for exercise so I amn't too bothered. Overall build quality and the included accessories (6 different eartips & case) seem decent though. For the price, they were probably a decent buy.

TPD Registered User

xtal191 said:
How are the vsonics? Thinking of ordering them from lendmeurears, how long did delivery take?

Responded to your PM, but for the sake of others, I'm very happy with the GR02. They're not over-the-top bassy, nice and clear. I'd buy another pair without hesitation.

Brian Moderator

Different price range to most of the 'phones in this thread, but worth mentioning anyway -- http://www.head-fi.org/t/626714/cosmic-ears-new-ciem-company-with-crazy-low-prices-including-hybrid-designs

I got a pair of Auvio earphones from a friend who'd been to America , great earphones , but same as the Sony ones mentioned at the start , the right one stopped working. But they lasted for about 4 months until that happened. Great sound quality , and completely sound blocking , as they went in to your earhole , not just resting on the outside as the others do.

They looked like this (pretty cool if you ask me):

And my friend told me she got them for only 10$! So , great price if you can buy them online , I'd suggest them if you dont have much money to spend on earphones , and need a few due to musical cravings in public places
, Zed.

Daithi MacG Registered User

I got a some Sony MDR-XD200 headphones in hmv for €30 :-) they have really rich sound and deep bass. Although they come with a movies/music switch, changing it makes no difference :-\ but aside from that, great buy :-)

Attachments
Sony_MDR_XD200_a.jpg
1 person has thanked this post
opr Registered User

No idea what they're like but thought I would mention Ibood have the Denon AH-D400 headphones for €150 today.

Opr

glasso Registered User

xtal191 said:

I bought vsonic gr06 from this seller. worth spending the extra over the gr02 - 63 dollars incl postage. took a week to get to me from purchase from Singapore. signed for post.

GR06 have amazing build quality (best cable I've ever seen on iems) and fab sound. great fit too and lots of tips included, along with cool pouch.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!