Richelieu Registered User

I was talking with someone yesterday about him. She reckoned he was practically divinity on celluloid but I somehow think he's got this simmering creepy quality you know?
The guy next door with heads in his fridge...
Look at his eyes....
Anyone else hate Tom Hanks???

Richelieu
I was talking with someone yesterday about him. She reckoned he was practically divinity on celluloid but I somehow think he's got this simmering creepy quality you know?
The guy next door with heads in his fridge...
Look at his eyes....
Anyone else hate Tom Hanks???

And you win the prise for most pointless thread of the day.

First off does your "someone" know Tom Hanks? this just random thoughts? wat a fridge has got to do with this is beyond me.

projectmayhem Registered User

err... what?

he's a good actor with some fantastic films. that's about all i know about him other then he has a son who's an actor too.

I think he's a bit over-rated myself, but hate? No. Why exactly would you hate him?

CyberGhost Registered User

I really like Tom Hanks! I think he is a great and talanted actor, he is so good that when you look at him play, you think "eh I could play like that too" but there is something special in Tom, he is very natural.

WIIIILSOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!

rahim Registered User

I don't have a problem with him (mainly cause I don't know him) and I also enjoyed a good few of the films he was in. At this exact moment I can't think of one I hated him in, but I'm sure one that I didn't like will come to me!

monkeyfudge Registered User

Oh I can't stand him. Never liked him or any of his films.

There are few actors who I just simply can not stand... Hanks is one of them and Meryl Streep is another... and they are both highly over rated.

ObeyGiant Registered User

I only have a problem with everyone of his movies post-Joe Vs the Volcano. Before that was great. And I'll challenge anyone who says that the bit in the Money Pit where he gets stuck in the hole in the floor isn't the finest bit of movie slapstick.

But yeah, since he realised he gets way more pussy turning on the waterworks in EVERY MOVIE, he's gotten a whole lot less likeable. Less gay guys with AIDS, more Pep Streebeck, I say.

Pigman II Banned

I find him watchable. He kind of has that Robert Mitchum / James Stewart thing going on where you like him even if he's the bad guy or in a poor movie.

I agree about Meryl Streep tho. I hate her in everything I've ever seen her in. I even hate her name.

TerrorFirmer Registered User

It's hard to fault him as much though when actually watching one of his movies. I generally say I don't like him, something about him I can't quite put my finger on thats always nagged at me whenever his name was mentioned.

It's more a case of thinking "Ah Tom Hanks is in it, that kinda put's me off" and then watching the movie and inadvertadly realising I couldn't imagine anyone else doing the role as well.

So overall, I guess much to my own disdain I kinda like him!

Love/hate thing going on big time.

Outcast Registered User

I think sometimes he's pretty nauseating but I thought Joe versus the volcano was great

Goodshape Registered User

He's grand, no complaints. He seems to get decent parts in decent films and is a lot less annoying on screen than a lot of people.

Also, kind of grew up watching Hanks -- he started off in the easy going family films when I was at the age where I'd enjoy them, then got a bit more serious as I got a bit older.

meldrew Registered User

He plays the everyman role fairly well but other than that he's been in some fairly average movies , most recently The Terminal

He doesn't inspire any emotions either way in me. Meh.

Iceman_5000 Registered User

No way, Hanks is kool.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!