Nema Banned

Hello, I have always loved rugby and always wanted to play it
My question is.

Is 21 to old to join a team. I know the game in and out so i wouldnt have to learn that.

I am 17 and a half stone not super fit but better then most.

Second question

If 21 is ok to start do you know any clubs on the north side of dublin to whom i could talk to and see what i can do.

Thanks!

PowerHouseDan Registered User

Ya i have been wondering the same thing...i am 20 almost 21 and would love to start.PLayed junior Rugby but stopped a few years back.Been playing Tag rugby since.

Nema Banned

PowerHouseDan
Ya i have been wondering the same thing...i am 20 almost 21 and would love to start.PLayed junior Rugby but stopped a few years back.Been playing Tag rugby since.

Im sure we can give it a try hopefully

PowerHouseDan Registered User

I wouldnt be as big as yourself i am about 12 1/2 stone. 5.10, Fairly Quick, but well built.

RuggieBear Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum!

age is not a problem.
size is not a problem.
fitness is not a problem.

Clubs are crying out for players.....there is always a lower level team to play on and once they've figured aout how good or bad you are....you'll rise up the team grades or descend...

I was the youngest by about 10 years on the last team i played on. We even had a guy in his 60's playin. The standard wasn't very high but it was fun

Steffano2002 Registered User

We always welcome new players @ UnidareRFC! Joined the club last year, absolutely loving it! Unbeaten so far this year in the J4 Leinster League even though we played big teams such as Lansdowne, Sutton and Parkmore. All details are on our great website. Just come down to training on Thursdays to have a look!

Nema Banned

Steffano2002
We always welcome new players @ UnidareRFC! Joined the club last year, absolutely loving it! Unbeaten so far this year in the J4 Leinster League even though we played big teams such as Lansdowne, Sutton and Parkmore. All details are on our great website. Just come down to training on Thursdays to have a look!

I will thank you, Also you are only 5 mins from me so thats handy.

Il drop down next week and have a look.

Thanks for the replys

Nukem Moderator

Im 23 and bout 14st @ 5,10" and i hope to start playing again once i finish college. Super unfit! I wont be caring too much just want some excercise and work off the liver abuse of the college years. Havent played in 3 and a half years.

I say go for it - if anything its a good bit of excercise and good craic with a bunch of lads.

Nukem

Steffano2002 Registered User

Nema
I will thank you, Also you are only 5 mins from me so thats handy.

Il drop down next week and have a look.

Thanks for the replys

See you on Thursday hopefully Nema! PM me if you need anything!

katyk Registered User

Hi, I am also looking to join a tag rugby team, south dublin preferably. I am 26yrs old, female and I have never played tag rugby before. Really I havent played any sports before, so I wouldnt be very fit. I know that doesnt sound like a very appealing person to have on your team, but if there are any absolute beginners teams out there who need another player, let me know.
Thanks

VanStrummer Registered User

best I can do is point you in this direction:

http://www.tagrugby.ie/

I'm on the Northside and there is no tag rugby on this side.

Hope the website helps.

-Van

Funkstard Registered User

I don't know why people are worried about weight when joining a team....I'm 6'2" and only 11 stone and I've never had any problems in my years playing rugby.

Do many clubs have Social Cup Team/Senior 3rds esque teams? I mean teams that aren't exactly that committed, they usually have some good players but it's just a laugh and there's no pressure or anything. That's when it's fun

GerryHatTrick Registered User

I'd love to get started in a rugby team, according to EA rugby on my Xbox I'd make a good scrumhalf! I'm 24, 5'8, 11 and a half stone and ex-semi-fit!! My only problem is I don't know any where to play in sligo, so if anybody knows anything......

Fence Registered User

GerryHatTrick
My only problem is I don't know any where to play in sligo, so if anybody knows anything......

Sligo Rugby Club have a crappy website if you want to take a look. They are based in Strandhill, if that's anywhere near you.

GerryHatTrick Registered User

Cheers fence, will look them up next time I get a chance (and lose the beer gut!)

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!