Orlie Registered User

I'm trying to set up an account on Outlook Express for my vodafone mail at the mo... Pop3: pop.vodafone.ie SMTP: mail.vodafone.ie.

I have my username & password in too but everytime i click send/recieve on the account i get a dialog box which asks me to re-enter my username & password time & time again... What am I doing wrong?

seamus Dental Plan!

Orlie
I'm trying to set up an account on Outlook Express for my vodafone mail at the mo... Pop3: pop.vodafone.ie SMTP: mail.vodafone.ie.

I have my username & password in too but everytime i click send/recieve on the account i get a dialog box which asks me to re-enter my username & password time & time again... What am I doing wrong?
You won't be able to send mail from your vodafone a/c as far as I know, only receive it, unless you're connected over the Vodafone ISP, which would cost you an arm and a leg.

MarkR Moderator

Late than never I suppose, but all you need to do is change your outgoing mail server to the outgoing mail server of whatever ISP you're using.

jesus_thats_gre Registered User

username = xxx@vodafone.ie

password = logon password

Pantera Registered User

if you connect to the internet via eircom all you need to do is set you outgoing server to mail1.eircom.net that should do it for you. If your not on eircom then just got to your isp's website and find out what their outgoing server is.

fraggel Registered User

You can send and receive mail for free using these settings.

Incoming Mail Server: webmail2.vodafone.ie
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.vodafone.ie

Username : ****@vodafone.ie
Password : **** (vodafone acc. password)

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!