fatguy Registered User

http://devel.okcupid.com/

So I've been investigating the whole online dating scene, and have found this site to be by far the best. The only problem is that there aren't any Irish people on it! So I thought I'd drum up some enthusiasm.

Here's how it works. The more questions you answer, the more accurate the results are. Every question asks you how you would like your ideal match to answer it, and how important it is to you that they do so. Based on these answers, it matches you up with people in your area, or all over the world.

I've found it to be pretty damn good, as I'm an unusual person, and wasn't expecting to get too many matches. But everyone who I've emailed on it has been pretty damn cool.

And then there's the clincher: it's totally free. It's still a work in progress, so there's frequent outages and plenty of bugs. Right now the search is broken, and I've no way to link to my own profile.

So yeah, register. It's good.

Winters Registered User

Amazing .. but most Irish people would use one closer to home, such as rsvp.ie and the like.

Why after hours?

Agent Smith Did you enjoy the fuhrer's birthday?

do you use that name on the datiing website's

Philbert Registered User

The online dating game is so over crowded at this stage anything offering a little something different is good. Dont like the logo though! Also Cupid.ie looks like it could be a bit of fun...if youre bored!!

blondie83 Registered User

"The Window Shopper

Random Gentle Love Dreamer (RGLDf)"

Apparently I want love instead of sex! Interesting test though

fatguy Registered User

Most of my online presence is based in the US, so I wasn't even aware there were Irish equivalents. So what have we got? Cupid.ie and rsvp.ie? I'll check them out.

I posted in After Hours because I couldn't find a better forum to post in. I didn't look very hard, but it seemed like the best one. Can you recommend a place to post this that might get more responses?

My name on the dating sites is AndyFB, which stands for andyfatbastard, which they won't know until they get my email address. The name was ironic when I registered it. It's a lot less ironic than I'd want it to be nowadays!

Hmmm Andy FB, we appear to have a 45% match...

Karoma Registered User

absolute bull****. The Vapor Trail Random Brutal Love Master (RBLMm). not me at all.

45% match => 55% mismatch

Karoma Registered User

Thank you Capt'n Obvious.

Auburn Registered User

I think the rod up your bum has a rod up it's bum

DUX Banned

Hey, I am a GENTLEMAN:

Deliberate Gentle Love Master (DGLMm)

anyone up for a date?

fatguy Registered User

Originally posted by blondie83
Hmmm Andy FB, we appear to have a 45% match...

ROFL. a/s/l?

45% is pretty piss poor.

I'm afraid its gone down to 33% since I started answering questions Never mind, if I can just find out if Jazzyjeff is someone on boards then I'lll be sorted!

fatguy Registered User

We'll just have to go on a date and then argue about everything.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!