AdMMM Registered User

Originally posted by mike65
I can't trust you to play on your own!

You can thrust me anytime u want Mike

Sully Moderator

Well we got Broadband now.. Some of the services aint great but its better then nothing!

- Sully

Aquos76 Moderator

My mate is living up in Bara Glas(think thats what its called) and he has DSL since oct 04. He is currently with UTV and I can tell you that he is getting brilliant speeds.

Sully Moderator

Leonard
My mate is living up in Bara Glas(think thats what its called) and he has DSL since oct 04. He is currently with UTV and I can tell you that he is getting brilliant speeds.

What speeds? UTV I use, pretty dodgy for me and there support has just got even more pathetic due to "staffing issues" - no wonder, most of the staff I speak to go on holidays every bloody week!

- Sully

Aquos76 Moderator

Sully04
What speeds? UTV I use, pretty dodgy for me and there support has just got even more pathetic due to "staffing issues" - no wonder, most of the staff I speak to go on holidays every bloody week!

- Sully

Well there are two sites which I use for speed testing and both sites give out results of between 460 and 500kbps when ever i get him to run the tests. Here are the sites for you to try

http://www.pcpitstop.com/internet/default.asp

http://www.giganews.com/test_connect.html

Sully Moderator

Cheers

First one seems more reliable as I got different results on the secound one - tried both servers and on both the results where different!

- Sully

Aquos76 Moderator

Sully04
Cheers

First one seems more reliable as I got different results on the secound one - tried both servers and on both the results where different!

- Sully

That is because on the second site you were downloading from two different servers on that site. You will always get different results from different servers.

If you want to get an accurate reading, them download something from one of the big servers. Maybe try the microsoft website and that should give you a good indication.

What results did you achieve by the way

Sully Moderator

PCPitstop:-
Download speed: 278 kilobits per second,
Test details: 402 kilobytes downloaded in 11.547 seconds.
Receive buffer size: Not available

Upload speed: undefined kilobits per second

GigaNews:-
Server: news.giganews.com
Test Size: 3131kb, Loaded: 100%, Time Elapsed: 61.6s.
Connection Speed: 415kb/s

Server: news-europe.giganews.com
Test Size: 3131kb, Loaded: 100%, Time Elapsed: 61.4s
Connection Speed 417 kb/s

Different results then yesterday actually. Weird.

- Sully

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!