1. What is your budget? €1200 excluding VAT
2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming (BF3, Fallout, Skyrim, Civ5), Software Programming (Eclipse, Visual Studio, Spring)
3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No, free from Dreamspark
4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? External 1TB HDD, so mass storage not a problem
5. Do you need a monitor? No
5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1080p Samsung B2330 23", no.
6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Mouse/Keyboard
7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yup
8. How can you pay? Any
9. When are you purchasing? Possibly now, possibly next month. Haven't decided
10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Don't need help
So lads, finally time! Will be able to get VAT off, so I'm assuming HWVS is still the best to go for with 19%?
CPU - obviously.
Motherboard - would like to SLI/XFire eventually
Graphics - undecided, on two fronts: 670 or not, and if so, which one? Have my eye on the Gigabyte Windforce, MSI Power Edition, Gainward Phantom and Asus DirectCUII.
Case - definitely getting that one
RAM - picked that to complement the motherboard, purely aesthetic.
PSU - could go for the Super-flower, but not sure on the LED, and XFX are very good.
SSD - easy choice
Optical - doesn't matter
Cooler - would like to try the H100, entry-level watercooling etc, might replace the loudass fans.
Mouse - seems to be the right choice.
Keyboard - I want this one, but the reviews say German layout for some reason. Anybody got a reason why?
Headphones - more for music than gaming, but going for these
Comes in about €1103 excluding VAT, or €1362 with VAT. Suggestions appreciated!