Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-05-2012, 14:43   #1
calerbass
Closed Account

Mileage won't re-set on Garmin 500

Hi, would anyone be able to advise me, or know what might be the problem i am having with a garmin 500.

I can't re-set the mileage after each spin, i done the re-set holding in the power and re-set buttons but this didn't work. I have connected to garmin connect etc, but still the same issue.

Is anyone familiar with this problem?
Thanks.
Advertisement
26-05-2012, 15:12   #2
TheBlaaMan

If you dont 'stop' the device after a spin (upper right button) you just need to hold down the 'reset' button only (lower right) for 3 seconds before you start the next spin. Are you doing a master reset?
26-05-2012, 15:18   #3
calerbass
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlaaMan View Post
If you dont 'stop' the device after a spin (upper right button) you just need to hold down the 'reset' button only (lower right) for 3 seconds before you start the next spin. Are you doing a master reset?
Thanks for response .

Ya I'm doing all that, but can't get it to zero for me. I tried a master reset and still same . It did nt fall etc but I see a thread here regarding a software update, but does nt it update automatically when connected to garmin connect?

Every other function works perfectly. Cadence, speed, HR etc
26-05-2012, 15:28   #4
triggermortis

Follow the link about the update and follow the instructions. Mine didn't update automatically and I wasn't aware there was an update until I saw the thread on here. Then see how it works
26-05-2012, 17:02   #5
calerbass
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggermortis View Post
Follow the link about the update and follow the instructions. Mine didn't update automatically and I wasn't aware there was an update until I saw the thread on here. Then see how it works
Ya thanks, i will do it later now and let you know if it worked, sound.
Advertisement
27-05-2012, 22:14   #6
calerbass
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggermortis View Post
I done that update short time ago, but now garmin is telling me it cant find the device. I went an updated drivers etc and its still invisible to garmin.

Done a few master resets and still the same. Where;s me sledgehammer

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion