Euro 2012 Tickets Mk. II (MOD Warning Post #1) - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-03-2012, 23:47   #1
Frisbee

Euro 2012 Tickets Mk. II (MOD Warning Post #1)

# Mod warning on post 8355 - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...postcount=8355

Original thread went over the 10k post limit. Old thread here.

Many thanks to adamski for this guide...
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamski8 View Post
Ok I've made an attempt a post #1 FAQ borrowing some from yabadabado's post #1 in the previous thread.

General Rules/Info
There is a 10% charge on all tickets sold on the portal plus a €20 admin charge per transaction.

You cannot buy different category tickets for the same match ie. If you buy a CAT 1 ticket for IRE Vs. CRO ,you cannot buy a CAT 2 or 3 for the game.

You cannot buy tickets for different matches on the same date.

You cannot buy more than 4 tickets per match.

Tickets will be sent by registered post 4-6 weeks before the tournament.

The ticket portal closes 10th of April but will most likely open in may in some shape or form.

Putting in the time on the portal is necessary, seconds can make the difference, there is no pattern in what time of day or week the tickets come up except its generally quiet from 11pm to 8am.

Tips
Chrome users:
Go to the chrome store and download the Page Monitor and Auto refresh. They will appear on the top right of the screen, click them to use them.

Firefox users:
Google "reloadevery" and download this extension it will auto refresh the page for you ,set it by right clicking on the mouse on the portal page.

Both chrome and firefox extensions are used to auto refresh the portal web page, recommend setting every 30seconds.

Page monitor is 'the alarm' which rings every time there is a change on the page so if a new game comes up the bell will ring. Select checkbox for custom mode. select regex and place IRL in text box. Change the check time to 10secs.

Have credit card details copied from a word document to paste into CC section to speed up buying tickets. Or use this script for chrome designed by the boards member Awesomeness:

Problems:

The number of tickets you have selected is not available. Please reduce the number of tickets you are requesting
The amount of tickets you have selected are not available on the portal at that time,you need to reduce the number to proceed to the payment screen. If you select 1 and this message comes up, the tickets are not there at all, glitch in the site.

You have selected 0 tickets
This means the tickets are gone. Someone else bought them as the aren't reserved like ticketmaster purchases.

I can see tickets I bought in "My Tickets" section but i have not received any e-mail
You have the tickets. Sometimes you wont receive an email confirmation. The transaction should show up on your credit card within 3 days.

Why does It say I can only select one category per match when I haven't bought any for that game
This is because of a previous failed attempt at buying tickets for that game. Its another glitch. You can fix it though. Deselect that game and pick another game you have never tried for, click "continue" you should see both game tickets now at this screen. Click the X beside both of them to get rid of them. Now go back to my tickets and you should be free to buy those original tickets you want if they are still there.

You tried to buy tickets but some sort of error came up, now it says to check back in 5mins while it is processing a earlier transaction
If you entered the mastercard/visa secure code page (password for your card) then you 99% have them, check again later and you should see tickets in "my tickets" if you didn't then 99% you haven't gotten them and you are "locked out".

I'm "locked out" what can I do
Your best bet is to log out and register a new account and try again, people have been successful repeating this many times, usually you won't be successful though.

What details do I use when setting up a new account
You can use all the same details as before but make up a random passport number to be on the safe side

I've entered my secure screen password but its stuck on the grey processing bar
You 99% have tickets. Try log on in a different browser and check to see if your tickets are there.

I didn't buy my tickets all in one go, will me and my friends be seated together
UEFA response: We do not have the detail information yet. You and your guests will seat next to each other as close as possible.

Warning: Only buy tickets from other users on boards using the FACE rule, that's meeting face to face for face value with physical tickets.

Last edited by Thanx 4 The Fish; 30-05-2012 at 20:31.
Advertisement
29-03-2012, 23:48   #2
yabadabado

Will miss the old thread,we had some great times together
29-03-2012, 23:49   #3
franglan

Lovely.... Any swap value in those ITA tickets lads? I'm still waiting on two any Cat Spain tickets- or is everyone basically sorted for ITA?
29-03-2012, 23:52   #4
Hulk Hands

That old thread should go straight into classics
(4) thanks from:
30-03-2012, 00:01   #5
The_Hustler

Poland v Russia will be an excellent game to attend, I'm looking to go to it. Go all the way to Poland, you might as well see Poland play.
Advertisement
30-03-2012, 00:02   #6
cardwizzard

No, i still need 1 for Italy! Just seem to keep missing it
30-03-2012, 00:03   #7
cardwizzard

I think everybody got well feed today by the portal.
30-03-2012, 00:07   #8
leggit

top of the list for me now is 2 * cat2/3 spain tickets but I can see myself cracking and getting cat 1 if they come up again, killed me earlier! But so did the cat 1 Italy tickets but the cat 2 came up later to save the day.

Then another 2 * cat2/3 of each (possibly 1 of each as I think one of our party will drop out)
Thanks from:
30-03-2012, 00:10   #9
KCW12

I reckon if we have 15,000 fans at every game id guess at least 2-3,000 would be portallers.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-03-2012, 00:18   #10
franglan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggit View Post
top of the list for me now is 2 * cat2/3 spain tickets but I can see myself cracking and getting cat 1 if they come up again, killed me earlier! But so did the cat 1 Italy tickets but the cat 2 came up later to save the day.

Then another 2 * cat2/3 of each (possibly 1 of each as I think one of our party will drop out)
How to you rate your chances Leggit?
30-03-2012, 00:22   #11
Shifty11

RIP original thread.

anyone still waiting on the confirmation email from spain tickets bought in the madness of tonight?
30-03-2012, 00:26   #12
cardwizzard

Yeah me, no email yet not overly bothered, I see them in my acc. Still cant believe after all this time I hit 3 Spain tickets in the one shot. Over the moon.
30-03-2012, 00:26   #13
illumin

Ill miss the orig thread *sniff* All those wasted hours of frustration, fists going through screens, laptops flying out of windows...
Thanks from:
30-03-2012, 00:27   #14
illumin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardwizzard View Post
Yeah me, no email yet not overly bothered, I see them in my acc. Still cant believe after all this time I hit 3 Spain tickets in the one shot. Over the moon.
yeah i got no email either at the time but money was taken from my cc last week
30-03-2012, 00:49   #15
Dr. M.

amazing, now we have all 16 matches played in ukraine (incl. the final) on the portal and non polish
this tournament should be in poland and czech republic!

Last edited by Dr. M.; 30-03-2012 at 00:51.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion