Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-02-2012, 05:56   #1
munsterxv

Help/advice needed re Architectural Technician

Hi,

Currently in the middle of my building project and to say the least my Architectural Technician has been painful to deal with.
Ive been chasing him since november for paper work for my next mortgage stage payment. The stuff is either incorrect or in the "post".

I started the build last june and it had taken over two years to get to that stage between planning and getting the mortgage. I tried to change to a different engineer last sept, after i'd been unable to get in touch with him in months, but the bank manged to get in touch with him and therefore wouldnt allow me to change
The building is sealed and ive started wiring it,but no money left for plumbers/plasters etc.

Anyone out there that can give a bit of advice on what to do next??

Oh and yea hes not owed any money at this stage.

Thanks
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 09:43   #2
muffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by munsterxv View Post
Hi,

Currently in the middle of my building project and to say the least my Architectural Technician has been painful to deal with.
Ive been chasing him since november for paper work for my next mortgage stage payment. The stuff is either incorrect or in the "post".

I started the build last june and it had taken over two years to get to that stage between planning and getting the mortgage. I tried to change to a different engineer last sept, after i'd been unable to get in touch with him in months, but the bank manged to get in touch with him and therefore wouldnt allow me to change
The building is sealed and ive started wiring it,but no money left for plumbers/plasters etc.

Anyone out there that can give a bit of advice on what to do next??

Oh and yea hes not owed any money at this stage.

Thanks
That's regrettable indeed. Alas, these things happen but the incidents would be few and far between. It's certainly not how most professionals would behave.

If you can make contact with the guy give him a deadline. Tell him that the paperwork needs to be completed by whatever day/date and you can call to his office and collect it personally.

Alternatively you can ring your solicitor and advise him of the situation and ask him/her to get in contact with the AT concerned. The paperwork for the drawdown of stage payments goes to your solicitor anyhow so maybe that's the best option to pursue.
29-02-2012, 07:38   #3
Poor Uncle Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffler View Post
Alternatively you can ring your solicitor and advise him of the situation and ask him/her to get in contact with the AT concerned. The paperwork for the drawdown of stage payments goes to your solicitor anyhow so maybe that's the best option to pursue.
Definitely the way I would go about it.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion