Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-01-2012, 19:01   #1
EIDW

Bray airshow 2012

The Bray Air Spectacular 2012 will be held on Sunday 22nd July, start time is 3.30pm.
No update on what's attending
Advertisement
05-02-2012, 19:32   #2
Teddy Edward

More of the same....it has gone from bad to boring!!

Wont be going this year i am afraid
Thanks from:
05-02-2012, 23:38   #3
emo72

need a couple of real noisy f16s or f somethings, shake the living bejaysus out of us and reduce children to nervous wrecks. thats what im talking about.
06-02-2012, 07:55   #4
Teddy Edward

With the current Defence cutbacks the Air Corps may now be restricted from flying....so that will leave the coastguard, Eddie Goggins ( who is brilliant ) and Aer Arran / Cityjet flypasts!!

I think the original organisers are no longer involved and it is now been run by some Aer Lingus pilot on a part time basis with the Summerfest team
06-02-2012, 08:11   #5
airbusa320

According to flying in ireland magazine ther will be a hawker hunter displaying this year.
Advertisement
06-02-2012, 08:49   #6
Run_to_da_hills
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by emo72 View Post
need a couple of real noisy f16s or f somethings, shake the living bejaysus out of us and reduce children to nervous wrecks. thats what im talking about.
Or better still, the Vulcan bomber.

An air show needs a decent prop to get my interests.
06-02-2012, 08:56   #7
Darius.Tr

Send a message via Skype™ to Darius.Tr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run_to_da_hills View Post
Or better still, the Vulcan bomber.

An air show needs a decent prop to get my interests.
I am hopeing to see vulcan bomber in portrush this year.
06-02-2012, 09:08   #8
Teddy Edward

Hunter...believe it when i see it as that was meant to appear some years ago with the Gnats!!
They obviously have no contacts with any military teams in Europe because look at the line up Salthill used to get and what Portrush gets now.
06-02-2012, 09:16   #9
airbusa320

Anything foreign military would be great, I know we got a USAF C130 last year but again was not advertised like the b-52 the previous but still the hunter would be a great addition if it shows up.
Advertisement
06-02-2012, 09:28   #10
Teddy Edward

The Red Arrows displayed at Salthill for about 5 years ( nearly in a row ) so how come these guys cannot attract this team with the demise of Galway?? I was talking to someone at Weston last week and they said all is organised for Bray at the last minute.

Look at what Galway has had over the years, F-15, F-16, A10, B1, Tornado, Jaguar, Typhoon, Mirage.....i can keep going!! Even the airshow cancelled for Punchestown in 2010 had the Red Arrows, Swiss team, F15's and Typhoon so it must be more the lack of contact / experience of the organisers.

My advice, head north to Portrush! Great show with Salthill lineup
06-02-2012, 09:38   #11
chughes

Now that the Queen has visited Ireland maybe the organisors could arrange for a Battle of Britain flypast. I would imagine that there would be huge interest in seeing a Lancaster, a Spitfire, and a Hurricane sweeping up the beach at Bray.

The slower flypast speed would greatly enhance the experience and the sound of the Merlin engines would be music to the ears.

As a cherry on the cake, if a Messerschmidtt 109 could "bounce" them and a small dogfight took place, that would be some spectacle.

I suppose I might as well dream here as in bed
(2) thanks from:
06-02-2012, 09:51   #12
Run_to_da_hills
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius.Tr View Post
I am hopeing to see vulcan bomber in portrush this year.
A waste of a journey last year although the F16's performance kind of made up for it.
Thanks from:
06-02-2012, 10:46   #13
Darius.Tr

Send a message via Skype™ to Darius.Tr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run_to_da_hills View Post
A waste of a journey last year although the F16's performance kind of made up for it.
Hopefully this year will be better, i hope red arrows and vulcan bomber will come.
06-02-2012, 10:49   #14
Teddy Edward

Yes agree, Belgian F16 was awsome and well worth the trip.

I also see on the organisers site for Bray www.simtech.ie they are looking for sponsorship? Yet the Bray air display site lists 15-20 sponsors and the summerfest site lists about 30 including Simtech? Something funny in that! Maybe the excuse will be no sponsorship....hence the lineup!!

All looks very ameteur!!
06-02-2012, 12:10   #15
xflyer

The Salthill organisers had a lot of contacts built up over the years. It started small just like Bray. It didn't just get that big overnight. So save your criticisms of the organisers of the Bray airshow. If you think you can do better offer to help or organise your own airshow. I know the people involved, they are proper aviators and no amateurs.

The big problem is money. Many airshow participants are professionals and require paying. Other just need expenses covered but it's still expensive. Then there's the whole ground organisation thing. That costs a fortune. In the end that killed Salthill, that and the lukewarm and mealy mouthed attitude of local businesses and politicians in Galway.

There is nothing wrong with the Bray airshow. It's a small airshow in a small town in a small country. It's not the RIAT. Better a small free to visit airshow than none at all.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion