Interested in Messianic Fellowship? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-01-2012, 14:26   #1
Tinyark

Interested in Messianic Fellowship?

Dublin and indeed the R.O.I has no defined group for Messianic fellowship. We are hoping to form a congregation in some way of both Messianic Jews and Messianic gentiles (christians) and indeed any who seek knowledge of Yeshua and a great fellowship and walk in him. We are all one in Yeshua.

We feel G-d is calling us to help Ireland follow Yeshua in a more harmonious way and that the 'main stream' religions and churches are not teaching us the commandments we need to follow to be true follows of the messiah.

It is our goal to bring people to G-d. To teach the scriptures and the wonderful, awe inspiring message of the word of G-d to all those who have ears to listen.

We also hope to teach those willing biblical hebrew and the practices Yeshua himself would have followed and commanded us to do.

If you feel you would be interested in hearing more or have quesions... please email Tinyark@gmail.com
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
27-01-2012, 14:47   #2
tommy2bad

So is this 'Jews for Jesus' ?
Do you have a link that would explain more what Messianic Fellowship is.
Inquiring minds and all that.
27-01-2012, 15:06   #3
Tinyark

Hi Tommy..

Not exactly 'Jews for Jesus'.. more EVERYONE for Jesus.

Messianic fellowship follows biblical commandments and tries to teach a life and fellowship more inline with what Yeshua (jesus) taught and practiced and less in line with what most churches 'teach'.

Its a massive subject and a much more 'life' centered faith.

We are kinda trying to see if there are enough people in the R.O.I interested in this to see if we can get it off the ground and form a group.

In a nutshell:-

Jeshua was a hebrew man. A practicing jew. He lived a jewish life and followed the Torah (book of teachings). He left several new commandment and instructions to us via his apostles
(also practising hebrews) and the new testament. (a totally jewish document)

As messianic followers (be it jew or gentile) we try to live as much to these commandments as possible. (as followers in christ we are all one in him and all part of Isreal).. heady concepts i know.

There are some great videos of Messianic Teaching here

We are only babies, little seeds, trying to start a tree of life here in Ireland.
Thanks from:
27-01-2012, 18:58   #4
Benny_Cake

OP, do you consider yourselves Jews or Christians? It seems to me that of you believe in the divinity of Christ then that makes you Christians, in the religious sense at least. I know a lot of Jews feel "Messianic Jews" are misrepresenting themselves and Judaism, no offence intended, but I'm just curious.
28-01-2012, 00:11   #5
Tinyark

I suppose the easiest way to tick the box would be to say christian as that phrase neatly boxes our allegence with Yeshua. However there are several notable additions that make messianic churches much more Jewish.
We believe in Torah, and the commandments. All of them. Yeshua taught us to obey the Torah and the commandments, he added a few too.

We believe there is much more to true discipleship than grace alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny_Cake View Post
OP, do you consider yourselves Jews or Christians? It seems to me that of you believe in the divinity of Christ then that makes you Christians, in the religious sense at least. I know a lot of Jews feel "Messianic Jews" are misrepresenting themselves and Judaism, no offence intended, but I'm just curious.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-01-2012, 20:36   #6
wolfsbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinyark View Post
I suppose the easiest way to tick the box would be to say christian as that phrase neatly boxes our allegence with Yeshua. However there are several notable additions that make messianic churches much more Jewish.
We believe in Torah, and the commandments. All of them. Yeshua taught us to obey the Torah and the commandments, he added a few too.

Hi, Tinyark.

Are saying Christians must practice circumcision and keep the Mosaic Laws on foods, clothing, days, etc?
29-01-2012, 21:07   #7
Tinyark

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsbane View Post
Quote:

Hi, Tinyark.

Are saying Christians must practice circumcision and keep the Mosaic Laws on foods, clothing, days, etc?

Nope. But the new testament alone holds 1000+ commandments.

Obviously circumcision is a commandment reserved for the hebrews.
29-01-2012, 21:38   #8
wolfsbane

Quote:
Nope. But the new testament alone holds 1000+ commandments.

Obviously circumcision is a commandment reserved for the hebrews.
Thanks for that clarification. But you intrigue me - 1000+ commandments? I can think some:
No murder
No theft
No fornication
No harbouring of thoughts of above
No idolatry
No greed
No lying
No swearing
No blasphemy
No unjust divorce
No neglect of those whose duty it is for us to care for
No rebellion against proper authority
No eating of blood or things sacrificed to idols

I'm sure I've missed some obvious ones. And I've omitted the positive expressions of God's law: Matthew 22:37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

But how did you find 1000+?

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
(2) thanks from:
29-01-2012, 22:28   #9
philologos
Closed Account

I was really interested in Messianic Judaism a few years ago. However, I think that it could very easily verge into legalism in respect to the Gospel if one isn't careful, or indeed the idea that the Law of Moses wasn't fulfilled through Jesus. The same is true of both Jews and Gentiles as far as I see it.
Advertisement
29-01-2012, 22:39   #10
tatranska

If you were to read Romans it would be obvious that we are incapable of keeping the commandments.
When we break one we break the law and the penalty is death.
For that very reason He gave us His Spirit and we were brought out of the Old Covenant into a new one.

Apart from all that, the emphasis on a "messianic christian" is all wrong.
Scripture clearly states that there is neither Jew or Gentile, Slave or Free but we are a new man in Christ.
Paul thought his heritage was as dung. He even questions the Galatians as to why they think they can attain to Faith through the keeping of the law. He asks who bewitched them.

In light of this I have to question your whole basis of faith.

When I came to Faith, I stopped being what I was. I gave up my religious heritage and became a Believer.
30-01-2012, 00:28   #11
lmaopml

tatranska, I hope you continue in your faith in Jesus as the Messiah - Sometimes, there can be a language barrier and more often than not an attachment to so many things, we're human - When Christ was born, he was born a Jew, the Apostles were Jews, the Jews are God's chosen people and that Covenant is binding, and still is today for those who follow the law are bound by it.

In Christ, is a new Covenant for both Jews and Gentiles ( we as 'Gentiles' are glad and full of joy to have been grafted in, and to have the opportunity to understand God's love, the God of Abraham and Isaac. Indeed the one and only God ) Jesus who became a child and grew as a man and lived among us, was persecuted when he did no wrong, he exemplified everything that is good, loving enemies, speaking truth, and most of all he was one with the Father and his will - He caught a lot of people off guard in his day - obviously! He highlighted what is good as the humble servant...and demonstrated what perfect love is.

He himself said that all of the laws can be summed up into one; Love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your mind, and love your neighbour as yourself -

That's a hard act to follow - certainly it seems that way, but it's our calling, and it corrects the course for us, we are also given the Helper, the Holy Spirit who writes hope and charity and wisdom to all who ask it on their hearts.

Welcome to the forum - It's lovely to see a variety of posters.
30-01-2012, 20:34   #12
bonniebede

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaopml View Post
tatranska, I hope you continue in your faith in Jesus as the Messiah - Sometimes, there can be a language barrier and more often than not an attachment to so many things, we're human - When Christ was born, he was born a Jew, the Apostles were Jews, the Jews are God's chosen people and that Covenant is binding, and still is today for those who follow the law are bound by it.

In Christ, is a new Covenant for both Jews and Gentiles ( we as 'Gentiles' are glad and full of joy to have been grafted in, and to have the opportunity to understand God's love, the God of Abraham and Isaac. Indeed the one and only God ) Jesus who became a child and grew as a man and lived among us, was persecuted when he did no wrong, he exemplified everything that is good, loving enemies, speaking truth, and most of all he was one with the Father and his will - He caught a lot of people off guard in his day - obviously! He highlighted what is good as the humble servant...and demonstrated what perfect love is.

He himself said that all of the laws can be summed up into one; Love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your mind, and love your neighbour as yourself -

That's a hard act to follow - certainly it seems that way, but it's our calling, and it corrects the course for us, we are also given the Helper, the Holy Spirit who writes hope and charity and wisdom to all who ask it on their hearts.

Welcome to the forum - It's lovely to see a variety of posters.

Very interesting comment, thanks for putting your thoughts out there. If i may make a brief comment...

Jesus did not come to exemplify what is good, this is a heresy condemned by the early church fathers called pelagianism.

The problem with that approach was already summed up be paul when he wrote ' the good i would do I do not, while the thing which i do not want to do, i find myself doing'.

our problem is not that we do not know the good, but that we are incapable without graceof living it.

Jesus came not to show what was good, but to make it possible for us to have God the Holy SPirit dwell in us, and act in us so that we would do what we could not do before, you do say this at the end, I note. however it is very common these days to see Jesus as a prohet or teacher, and miss out on the ontological change which is at the heart of christianity, and i tihnk it is good to tighten up our language in that respect.
30-01-2012, 20:38   #13
bonniebede

Quote:
Dublin and indeed the R.O.I has no defined group for Messianic fellowship. We are hoping to form a congregation in some way of both Messianic Jews and Messianic gentiles (christians) and indeed any who seek knowledge of Yeshua and a great fellowship and walk in him. We are all one in Yeshua.

We feel G-d is calling us to help Ireland follow Yeshua in a more harmonious way and that the 'main stream' religions and churches are not teaching us the commandments we need to follow to be true follows of the messiah.

It is our goal to bring people to G-d. To teach the scriptures and the wonderful, awe inspiring message of the word of G-d to all those who have ears to listen.

We also hope to teach those willing biblical hebrew and the practices Yeshua himself would have followed and commanded us to do.

If you feel you would be interested in hearing more or have quesions... please email Tinyark@gmail.com

thanks for this intriguing idea. i feel it is what the church and fellowship I belong to already do. Interestingly, maybe, the room where we fellowship is named after a Jewish lady called Edith who joined our church as an adult. She died in the holocaust, after our church leaders protested the deprotation and treatmentof the jews, and the nazi's decided to round up our church members who were jewish as retaliation. previously they had had some security as theywere considered christians.
31-01-2012, 00:47   #14
lmaopml

Ooops sorry Tinyak, no deep theological undertones in my good statement meant really, just some praise offered up really.... I simply meant that God is Good, Jesus is God, and everything he does has got to be good There's a tongue twister for you...

Anyway, welcome to the forum, it would be interesting to hear more perspectives from more Christians.
31-01-2012, 00:55   #15
Tinyark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniebede View Post
Quote:

thanks for this intriguing idea. i feel it is what the church and fellowship I belong to already do. Interestingly, maybe, the room where we fellowship is named after a Jewish lady called Edith who joined our church as an adult. She died in the holocaust, after our church leaders protested the deprotation and treatmentof the jews, and the nazi's decided to round up our church members who were jewish as retaliation. previously they had had some security as theywere considered christians.

Hi can I ask...

Where do you meet?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion