Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-01-2012, 19:01   #1
lala88
Banned

All Ireland Junior Club Semi Final

Wasn't at the game but listened to the match on the radio but according to the commentators, the Tyrone teams behaviour was appalling. A Dromid player drove a guy over the line with a shoulder in the first half and it led to a melee, with the Tyrone teams subs jumping over the hoarding from their position in the stand and punching and kicking Dromid players. Mentors also got involved. According to the the Dromid commentators subs stayed in the stand.

Declan Sullivan was the subject of endless intimidation, late belts and verbal abuse. During the first half incident, two of the Tyrone players tried to throw Declan over the hoarding into the stand. He also got a lot of abuse after the game.

Was anyone at the game that could give a better account of what happened?
Advertisement
22-01-2012, 21:32   #2
dartbhoy
Closed Account

I listened to the 2nd half of the game and judging by the commentary of the Radio Kerry commentary team Derrytresk were doing nothing but belting and fighting all over the field yet the Tyrone team winning the game by 7 points and Dromid having 2 players sent off would suggest a different story?
Thanks from:
22-01-2012, 21:38   #3
The_Kew_Tour

Tyrone club teams seem to be in trouble all the time.
(3) thanks from:
22-01-2012, 21:40   #4
homerjay2005

declan sullivan assaulted and also attacked with a f*cking handbag after the game.

you couldnt make it up. what sort of animals are involved in tyrone club football?
(3) thanks from:
22-01-2012, 21:43   #5
dartbhoy
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kew_Tour View Post
Tyrone club teams seem to be in trouble all the time.
Yes there's no denying that,there seems to be a lot of trouble with games involving Tyrone club sides. There seems to be a very bitter rivalry after developing between Kerry and Tyrone in the last decade or so in both county and club games. I would like to get an opinion from someone who was at the game rather than judge what was been said on the radio.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-01-2012, 22:04   #6
shockframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerjay2005 View Post
declan sullivan assaulted and also attacked with a f*cking handbag after the game.

you couldnt make it up. what sort of animals are involved in tyrone club football?
Ah sure it was only handbags stuff.
Thanks from:
22-01-2012, 22:25   #7
Prop Joe

Was at the game today..Teams were evenly matched throughout prob overall the better team won but the extra man really killed Dromid..Hard game prob what you would expect for a tense close AI semi-final..But...In the first half the invasion of Subs and Spectators on the field was just mind blowing,Whatever about subs running on to get involved with a brawl but fúcking Fans!!! Video evidence should be used to ban these "Fans" from the association..Then as we approach the final few minutes the Derrytresk "Fans" line the pitch for a pitch invasion..Ok they have just qualified for an All Ireland final..The PA announces not to enter the pitch..While about 25 stewards hide in the corner of the field??
The final whistle goes and i see 3 Dromid players attacked by "Fans"..Not good enough..When players batter each other it's one thing but spectators joining in is down right wrong
22-01-2012, 22:27   #8
The_Kew_Tour

I think it's disgusting when certain players (normally intercounty) get singled out.

My mate said they played game up there before and they were locked into the dressing rooms afterwards and were there for 2 hours just getting abuse and it was Under 15 game. Wtf like?

I mean if you saw English soccer fans do that we call them all sorts.

No place for it in any Sport, on or off the field especially GAA, which im afraid is getting worse for things like this today.
Thanks from:
22-01-2012, 23:09   #9
ShamoBuc

Sounds like alot of shít hitting the fan alright. In this day and age I can only presume that there is alot of video coverage of the unsavoury incidents.
It would do the game the world of good to see the club fúcked out of the competition and Dromid reinstated, this cannot go unpunihed. Fans, selectors, subs and players of a club have a responsibility to the club, they failed miserably today. and should be duly punished
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-01-2012, 00:50   #10
teednab-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamoBuc View Post
Sounds like alot of shít hitting the fan alright. In this day and age I can only presume that there is alot of video coverage of the unsavoury incidents.
It would do the game the world of good to see the club fúcked out of the competition and Dromid reinstated, this cannot go unpunihed. Fans, selectors, subs and players of a club have a responsibility to the club, they failed miserably today. and should be duly punished
It happens everywhere to be fair not just in Tyrone. Kerry is no sacred place from this either, I've been to many club games there and the fighting amongst players and spectators is apalling.
Thanks from:
23-01-2012, 08:59   #11
lala88
Banned

Dromid call for fight to be investigated

Declan O'Sullivan was struck by a handbag during a mass fight at the Dromid v Derrytresk match

Monday, 23 January 2012 07:23
There have been calls for an investigation after a mass brawl marred the All-Ireland Junior Football Championship semi-final between Dromid Pearses of Kerry and Derrytresk of Tyrone on Sunday.
The brawl erupted just before half-time and saw officials and substitutes from both sides enter the field of play. Dromid midfielder Thomas Curran was concussed during the incident and unable to play the second half. It is also claimed that Kerry star Declan O'Sullivan was struck by a handbag.

Derrytresk were ahead by a point at half-time and went to claim a 1-10 to 0-7 victory in Portlaoise, a neutral venue.

Dromid selector and Kerry county board officer Diarmuid O Se complained about a lack of security for players and called on the GAA to investigate using video evidence.
He said: "While Derrytresk beat us comprehensively on the day, I thought that some of the scenes out there were some of the most disgraceful I have ever witnessed at a football game.
"I cannot understand how the GAA can allow this to happen. There was no security there today for our players.

"Declan O'Sullivan got struck by a handbag and was struck by a Derrytresk supporter as well. That was seen by a steward and the Garda have it documented but I don't think Declan will be doing anything about it.
"The GAA have video evidence available and maybe it's time to use it."
23-01-2012, 10:34   #12
devlin159

there seems to be an element within the gaa that think there hardmen just because they play a sport the fact is half these clowns proabably no nothing about gaa they use gaa as a way to try and act hard but and think there better than everyone but when people stand up to them they dont like it. These thugs need to be hunted out of the gaa and banned from playing gaa for life they think gaa is about fighting the fact is its good to be strong and all so you can push opponents off of you put these clowns have no respect for the gaa or the clubs they play against it goes against the whole ethos of the gaa disgraceful scenes and as someone say fans getting involved is a disgrace these people need banned and brought to justice growing men acting llke this a sad day for the gaa imo do the right thing these people must be brought to justice and the worse thing is these players/fans etc will proabably brag about in the bus on the way home they should be ashamed disgraceful behiovior no place for that in a sport thats meant to bring ireland and communties together.
23-01-2012, 10:36   #13
devlin159

Sorry for any grammar and spelling mistakes there i rushed my post.
23-01-2012, 10:50   #14
washman3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartbhoy View Post
I listened to the 2nd half of the game and judging by the commentary of the Radio Kerry commentary team Derrytresk were doing nothing but belting and fighting all over the field yet the Tyrone team winning the game by 7 points and Dromid having 2 players sent off would suggest a different story?
Radio Kerry is probably the most biased commentary that anyone could listen to. if Dromid had won the game there would be little or no focus on the "handbag" issue. it would be laughed off.
watched Declan O'Sullivan in a club game a while back and he is no angel either.
Thanks from:
23-01-2012, 11:48   #15
JFlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by washman3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartbhoy View Post
Radio Kerry is probably the most biased commentary that anyone could listen to. if Dromid had won the game there would be little or no focus on the "handbag" issue. it would be laughed off.
watched Declan O'Sullivan in a club game a while back and he is no angel either.
I listen to radio Kerry frequently and yes they have green and gold tinted spectacles at times however from various reports what went on yesterday was appalling declan o s amongst others was simply targeted from start to finish and did well to hold his head imo .his previous behaviour angelic or not is not relevant , to be hit and assaulted after the game is outragous, something very rotten amongst tyrone fans at the moment.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion