Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-11-2011, 22:03   #1
Jericho.

XBL accounted hacked, used to play/buy FIFA stuff

Hey all,

I've had what is described in the link below happen to me today. I didn't get caught by any phishing scam or give out my password so I'm not quite sure how they got my account info. I had I think something like 2,500 points on the account which were spent. My account is temporarily suspended while Microsoft investigate, it'll likely be around three weeks they reckon.

Be careful and keep an eye out for this.

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-ent...d-by-fifa-fans
Advertisement
25-11-2011, 22:32   #2
Copper_pipe

Ultimate team players got your account
26-11-2011, 09:00   #3
Vicxas

Its the information they got off the EA servers some time ago.
27-11-2011, 21:10   #4
BFassassin

The exact same thing happened me at the start of the month. I had 1300 points and all but 20 were spent. It also showed I had achievements in Fifa12 but I dont even have that.
Still waiting to get my gamertag back. Its a pain in the ass tbh.
They also changed my security question to something in German which I dont speak. Dont even know what the question was.
21-12-2011, 03:45   #5
ferrigan101

Yep, this just happened to me about an hour ago. Had 1800 points on there, they added another 2000 then tried another 5000. I'm now down at 80 points.

Anyone had any luck with MS? Or does anyone know how they are getting into the accounts?
Advertisement
21-12-2011, 09:25   #6
Vicxas

Call Xbox support, they will launch an investigation into your account to get it recovered for you. Takes about 21-25 days.
21-12-2011, 15:19   #7
ferrigan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicxas View Post
Call Xbox support, they will launch an investigation into your account to get it recovered for you. Takes about 21-25 days.
Aye done that this morning. The support dude was very helpful.

Just wondering how they got the details for the account. There's no way it was phishing and my computer is clean of malware and spyware.
21-12-2011, 17:50   #8
Jericho.

I got my account back last week, they were quick enough in fairness. They gave me a month of extra live by way of compensation for the time lost and I got my points back.

I reckon they got the info from EA somehow, my EA password and xbox password are the same. I can't think of any other way that they might have got it.

I don't play FIFA (pro ev guy). Could someone explain to me the benefit of the way these guys are hacking. What do they get out of it?
21-12-2011, 17:59   #9
Copper_pipe

2 Youtubers have been hacked in the last few days. 555BarcaBoy555 and KSIOLAJIDEBT.
Barca boy has a vid called ea rany that explains all
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-12-2011, 19:07   #10
ferrigan101

Yeah, I don't really see what anyone gets from it.

Will look this vids up after work, cheers copper.
21-12-2011, 19:16   #11
davidk11811

Well the reason you guys are getting hacked is people use your MSP points to buy tonnes of FIFA Ultimate Team packs. These packs have players in them and some rarer players can be sold for crazy amounts of "coins" (Fifa Ultimate Team currency). These coins can then be sold for real money. That's why so many people have been getting hacked lately. The hacker either wants to keep the coins themselves (or MSP to spend on packs to get coins) or they want to sell the coins for money. If you look on eBay you can see coins for sale. Some of the players in Fifa Ultimate Team are worth over 2-3 million coins so that could be about 300 Euro if they were to sell them.

To hack a player's Ultimate Team, all the hackers needs is the user's email address, DOB and the hacker needs to know how many players are in the person's "club". You may not know what this is if you don't play Ultimate Team but many Youtubers are getting hacked because their DOB are easy to find and also the security question is easy to find because they are making Fifa videos showing their teams. I don't know how the XBL accounts are getting hacked.

Last edited by davidk11811; 21-12-2011 at 19:23.
21-12-2011, 20:55   #12
calex71

This is why I've always been uncomfortable with real world money being obtainable from in game items so to speak, It will inevitably lead to a more accounts being hacked and muppets playing the game.

Also another thing to watch out for is iphone/android apps for xbox stats and friends feeds etc. theres been a few of those set up to phish account details.
Unbelievably one of them is still on the android market when I checked yesterday

Last edited by calex71; 22-12-2011 at 00:42.
21-12-2011, 22:01   #13
ferrigan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by calex71 View Post
This is why I've always been uncomfortable with real world money being being obtainable from in game items so to speak, I will inevitably lead to a more accounts being hacked and muppets playing the game.

Also another thing to watch out for is iphone/android apps for xbox stats and friends feeds etc. theres been a few of those set up to phish account details.
Unbelievably one of them is still on the android market when I checked yesterday
What's it called? I only use the official ios one on my ipod that was launched the other week mind you.
22-12-2011, 00:40   #14
calex71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrigan101 View Post
What's it called? I only use the official ios one on my ipod that was launched the other week mind you.
"Gamercardroid for xbox live" is the one I saw yesterday, but there are tonnes of these apps and part of their functionality requires you xbox log in to work.

Another reason why xbox.com is so slow too as these apps and other web sites are scraping data from it.

If anyone is using these app make you know it's from a reliable publisher, after that you have no way to know really how securely your log in data is stored on their system

I'm not trying to scare monger, caution is the order of the day in these modern times, lmao some of the apps removed where actually screwing people twice by actually charging for the app in the 1st instance

It's so easy to develop apps and have them published with very little experience these days.
28-12-2011, 10:38   #15
DemoniK

Send a message via MSN to DemoniK Send a message via Yahoo to DemoniK Send a message via Skype™ to DemoniK
happened to me last night..
I don't post up my xbox/msn login details anywhere.
I run 2 apps that I've trusted for a very long time so I don't think it's them...

The feckers drained the 2400pts I had in my account on the 20th, which I failed to notice as I only use the xbox every so often
And then last night they bought 8000pts and drained them in minutes.
Only for paypal emailing me of the purchase I wouldn't have seen anything - lesson there to not leave autopayment details in the system...

Reported to xbox support - account locked and suspended

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion