Getting rid of your old system on Adverts or Gumtree? Want to get some money back from your last-gen top-of-the-range CPU or GPU now you're buying the new updated version?
Well... tough luck. You'll never be allowed to sell stuff on Boards.ie
No-one said you weren't allowed to tell people you were selling said stuff on Adverts or the like though, did they?
Okay, basic rules (very) subject-to-change:
1. You can post links to your online adverts for personal PC (or components/peripherals for) sales in here. Not business ones. Ever. Those have SUPER-AIDS.
2. Give a brief but sufficiently detailed description of goods. No life stories, no copypasting huge reams of stuff off manufacturers' pages, but do put down the relevant details and a brief description of any issues with the item for sale. Save the verbal diarrhoea for Adverts (or wherever).
3. No discussions with sellers here. Keep those to the advert's page. If there is drastically insufficient information on a post I may allow limited chat so long as we're talking the odd line of text; of course I might just delete the offending post Repeat offenders will be treated just like chataholics on the Bargain Alerts thread - i.e. 3-day bans.
4. Absolutely no off-thread dealing. "Thread" referring to your linked advert in this case. Any irregularities suggesting a private sale was made via PM based on stuff posted on this thread and both seller and buyer can most likely kiss their Boards.ie user accounts goodbye.
5. Absolutely no links to business adverts. Only personal sales. Again, if there is any evidence that the posts and their links are assisting a business of any size flog their gear the Admins will be called in to investigate and punishments will be exceedingly harsh - think category bans of significant duration and even perma-sitebans if the Admins think any entrepreneurs are just taking the mick using this thread.
6. And, obviously, no selling anything other than the stuff specified in Rule 1 above. If you do your post will be counted as spam with ensuing unpleasant consequences for you. If you have a low postcount and break this rule your Boards.ie user account will undoubtedly be reclassified Spammer and will be immediately deleted with extreme prejudice.
Finally, there are question marks over whether a thread like this can be successfully maintained and its rules upheld in the long term. Most of its rules tie in to Boards.ie sitewide policy and the ToS thus the Old Testament level of punishments. This means that if this thread is used for evil on a widespread basis it WILL be deleted. Its up to Boards.ie users to make sure this doesn't happen, so keep it clean!