Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-10-2011, 17:18   #1
the drifter
Closed Account

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Ladies and Gents

Unfortunately, we have had to lock the original thread. Over the past few weeks it has turned into a rumour mill. We cannot have this I'm afraid.

So here is Version 2.0. The rule of this thread is simple. If you're going to highlight a business as "closed" or "closing", you must back up the claim with sufficient evidence.

Unsubstantiated rumours will be deleted, and from now on will receive an infraction. I'm afraid we have to do this folks as rumours can be damaging to both employees and employers.

Thanks

D
Advertisement
16-10-2011, 18:59   #2
liammur
Closed Account

Do we even need this type of thread?
(3) thanks from:
16-10-2011, 19:12   #3
golden8

I would second that its a very negative thread.
16-10-2011, 19:15   #4
An File
Lording over insects

Send a message via Skype™ to An File
Quote:
Originally Posted by liammur View Post
Do we even need this type of thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden8 View Post
I would second that its a very negative thread.
I think it's better to keep all of these stories in one place, instead of having a new thread every few days about whichever business is closing. I'm not a fan of negative threads, but the size of the previous thread proved the demand was there.
(4) thanks from:
16-10-2011, 19:44   #5
RonMexico
Closed Account

These closures need to be highlighted and not treated as if they aren't happening. Limerick is an economic blackspot and by far the worst affected city in Ireland. Our local representatives are twiddling their thumbs while this city goes down the toilet. If I recall the previous thread had over 100 different businesses mentioned in an 18 month period. That is absolutely shocking for the size of Limerick.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-10-2011, 19:48   #6
savagecabbages

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
These closures need to be highlighted and not treated as if they aren't happening. Limerick is an economic blackspot and by far the worst affected run city in Ireland. Our local representatives are twiddling their thumbs while this city goes down the toilet. If I recall the previous thread had over 100 different businesses mentioned in an 18 month period. That is absolutely shocking for the size of Limerick.
I cant get over how much air time the city council are giving to the bus lanes. The bus lane debacle has been going on for several years now. There are more pressing issues at stake than where to put a bit of coloured tarmac with a bus painted on it...
Thanks from:
16-10-2011, 19:51   #7
RonMexico
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagecabbages View Post
I cant get over how much air time the city council are giving to the bus lanes. The bus lane debacle has been going on for several years now. There are more pressing issues at stake than where to put a bit of coloured tarmac with a bus painted on it...
What do you expect from a bunch of unqualified morons? The various incarnations of Limerick City Council have utterly failed us for generations now, as have our TD's. They should all be ashamed of themselves.
(3) thanks from:
16-10-2011, 19:51   #8
An File
Lording over insects

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagecabbages View Post
And that discussion is for a different thread. Let's try to keep this one on-topic.

Edit: I've deleted 2 more posts. If you want to bitch and moan about the Council/IDA/local Politicians, don't do so in this thread.

Last edited by An File; 16-10-2011 at 22:48.
(2) thanks from:
24-10-2011, 13:23   #9
source

Send a message via Skype™ to source
Not sure of its been mentioned yet, but just passes jack jones on bedford row and it's closed up with 2 lads inside taking all the rails apart.
Advertisement
24-10-2011, 13:29   #10
An File
Lording over insects

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
Not sure of its been mentioned yet, but just passes jack jones on bedford row and it's closed up with 2 lads inside taking all the rails apart.
They had a closing-down sale going for a few weeks.
24-10-2011, 13:30   #11
Mr E
Administrator

Yep, still going strong in the Crescent though.
24-10-2011, 15:06   #12
source

Send a message via Skype™ to source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insect Overlord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
They had a closing-down sale going for a few weeks.
I've not been in town much, for the last while. One less place for men to shop in this city.
25-10-2011, 12:39   #13
Limerick Sovereigns

Can someone put up a full list of closed businesses from the original thread to avoid duplication and add any that are missing.
Thanks from:
25-10-2011, 15:40   #14
lasno

Send a message via Skype™ to lasno
I heard that Jack and Jones will be opening in Seduzca in William Street, owned by the same guy.
25-10-2011, 15:43   #15
An File
Lording over insects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limerick Sovereigns View Post
Can someone put up a full list of closed businesses from the original thread to avoid duplication and add any that are missing.
From what I can remember, someone put up a list of over 100 businesses that left the city centre, and they were only pulling from the first quarter of that thread. If someone has the time to compile the whole list I'll be very impressed!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion