Whats going on with Mid West Radio?? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

28-07-2011, 22:53   #1
hiram
Closed Account

Whats going on with Mid West Radio??

Hi,

Is Mid West Radio part oweded by the church??, We have the damned radio station on in work (not by choice!!) and it is noticable the amount of Christian Bull**** country music they have begun to play. Are they scraping the very very bottom of a rapidly disappearing barrell?? No wonder they are losing listenership. I met one Business owner the other day who stopped Advertising with them due to the adverse feedback from young people....sign of the times maybe?? Are Mid West losing touch?? I102 is the way to go methinks!!
Advertisement
28-07-2011, 23:46   #2
YouTookMyName

Always been full of crap. Only listen to it for the sport.
29-07-2011, 13:30   #3
Neworder79

Reporting they are the no. 2 radio station in the country by listenership today, so don't expect them to cop on any time soon.

http://www.midwestradio.ie/mwr/news/...e-country.html

News, sport, farming, event promotion, local coverage - excellent, top cass.

But the rest is most bland of auto play keyboard country music... making listeners sit through death notices before news bulletins several times a day, and constant religious notices and undue reverence to the church in every aspect of coverage is appalling IMO.

They could easily cater for the rural elderly market and still still acknowledge the younger urban demographic in the region by just tweaking the content of the schedule at certain times, but they seem to think it some idealised 1950 Westh they cater to.
29-07-2011, 20:52   #4
hiram
Closed Account

I Agree, Its plain to see that they have lost track of whats going on outside their Country and Irish bubble. Have they not figured out that they have marketed themselves into a corner...an over 50's corner. Business who want to target a young, dynamic and energetic corner will not advertise on a radio station which targets the wrong demographic...simple rules. We have started to advertise on I-102, which is already paying dividens
30-07-2011, 01:03   #5
captainwang

At least Padraig Walsh brightens up the station, that guy really appeals to the youngsters I know some local teens and young adults that never miss the show.
Advertisement
31-07-2011, 10:17   #6
PogMoThoin
Closed Account

TURFM
Thanks from:
05-08-2011, 15:07   #7
Kate.G

I don't agree, I love mid-west. Dave Cawley in the morning is great and has a sexy voice Ok, I'm not much into the mid-morning show or Tommy Marren show, however, a lot of people like it. Padraic Walsh in the afternoon is pure genius. I do enjoy MWR
(2) thanks from:
13-11-2011, 10:00   #8
mayobumblebee

wouldnt listen to 102 if ya paid me i would listen to anything elce or channel hop while death notices is on hate that but i radio is just as painful trying so hard to be with it that they just annoy

and that f@ckin nome grrr
18-11-2011, 01:34   #9
Eddie Ere

Both iRadio and MidWest are exceedingly painful to sit and listen too, the former having a ridiculous level of religious BS and mind numbingly stupid callers into shows whilst the latter is attempting to appeal to a youthful audience but failing miserably with woeful tween pop and culchie humour.

I'll stick to the iPod thanks.
Advertisement
22-11-2011, 15:24   #10
yew_tree

Midwest is good for news and sport only.

The crowd on i102 are very hard listen too - full of crap
25-11-2011, 00:56   #11
Kristopherus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Ere View Post
Both iRadio and MidWest are exceedingly painful to sit and listen too, the former having a ridiculous level of religious BS and mind numbingly stupid callers into shows whilst the latter is attempting to appeal to a youthful audience but failing miserably with woeful tween pop and culchie humour.

I'll stick to the iPod thanks.
While you are listening to it, check your post again. Your "former" and "latter" are mixed up, I think
(3) thanks from:
16-12-2011, 20:08   #12
nuac

Re RMW

I like the death notices - handy to know who hAS died without having to buy a daily paper - and many Mayo deaths are not in the dailies

Like the news- 9.45 a.m. is well timed not to clash with RE at 9 pm.

C & W music fine with me.
18-12-2011, 17:55   #13
M cebee
Closed Account

i like the hits in the evening and a little bit of country

couldn't listen to much else or that clown claffey talking shiite
18-12-2011, 18:00   #14
hiscan

Doesn't Paul Claffey own MidWest Radio?
19-12-2011, 00:24   #15
mickdw

I believe he is a major shareholder anyway.
Its awful crap though.
Thread Closed