Colour suggestions for kitchen tiles? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-03-2010, 14:13   #1
RH149

Colour suggestions for kitchen tiles?

Just got new kitchen fitted and can't decide on a colour for the tiles -cream/vanilla (on the yellow side!) cupboards with black granite work tops. Wooden floor (light oak).

All the tiles I see in the shops are very neutral -beige/magnolia colours. I want a colour.....just can't decide what would look good and can't afford to retile again in a year or so if I don't like it so.........any suggestions. Can't just go with paint and a glass/perspex splashback as when the original tiles were removed the wall is in a state behind them- would need replastering if I wanted to paint it.

Any ideas???
Advertisement
28-03-2010, 18:41   #2
Dinkie

My parents had a similar colour scheme and went for bright turquoise. It looks amazing and won't go out of fashion.
03-04-2010, 23:51   #3
RH149

Interesting- someone else suggested duck egg blue but do you think I can find any tiles in that colour?

All the tile shops seem to have are red, cream ,variations of magnolia. Will have a scout around for turquoise.
12-04-2010, 10:30   #4
u2thepale

I got a new kicthen put in last year and had a similar dilemma, there was really old blue & yellow tiles on the wall above the coutertop really dated looking , pulled off the tiles and left the wall in a state, we got it replastered and then we painted but wasnt 100% happy with the paint look , the colour was right but not the look , decided to get a back splash from colourglass and I love it and more importantly she does!!!

I posted here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055344173

Considering you probably have spent a good few bob on the kitchen like myself , I found it well worth the extra few bob to get the backsplash in .

obviously all down to taste , but I wouldn't let the state of the wall stop you !!! anyway thats my two cents ...

****No affilaition by the way***

Last edited by u2thepale; 12-04-2010 at 10:34.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion