Low Irish IQ - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
06-08-2006, 15:38   #1
scop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 622
Low Irish IQ

Hello all.

On another place I post Ive been told that the Irish average IQ is about 93 or so. The main argument for this comes from Richard Lynn. Now when I do some research on this I cannot for the life of me find any real sources to verify or contradict this!

Can anybody help me out. In the name of the Irish people

Great Britain: Research by Richard Lynn discussed in Ciaran Benson, "Ireland's 'Low' IQ," pp. 222-23 in Russell Jacoby and Naomi Glauberman (eds.), The Bell Curve Debate (New York: Times Books, 1995).
scop is offline  
Advertisement
06-08-2006, 15:39   #2
Ruu_Old
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 32,623
You're asking this to people on AH?
Ruu_Old is offline  
Thanks from:
06-08-2006, 15:40   #3
^CwAzY^
Registered User
 
^CwAzY^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: errrrrk!!!!
Posts: 571
nevr heard dat b4, i did hear 1 bout d blacks in nigeria r sumthin havin bout 40 lower IQ avg dan mst of d rst of d world..
^CwAzY^ is offline  
06-08-2006, 15:40   #4
metrovelvet
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9,270
That's because all the bright ones emigrated.
metrovelvet is offline  
06-08-2006, 15:43   #5
sixpack's little hat
Registered User
 
sixpack's little hat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: cork
Posts: 807
Send a message via ICQ to sixpack's little hat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^CwAzY^
nevr heard dat b4, i did hear 1 bout d blacks in nigeria r sumthin havin bout 40 lower IQ avg dan mst of d rst of d world..

QED
sixpack's little hat is offline  
Advertisement
06-08-2006, 15:43   #6
monkeyfudge
Registered User
 
monkeyfudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Land of Ooo
Posts: 22,862
Send a message via ICQ to monkeyfudge Send a message via AIM to monkeyfudge Send a message via MSN to monkeyfudge Send a message via Skype™ to monkeyfudge
Isn't 90 pretty much the average IQ for humans in general? So it's nothing special if it's true.
monkeyfudge is offline  
Thanks from:
06-08-2006, 15:43   #7
Bottle_of_Smoke
Registered User
 
Bottle_of_Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 9,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^CwAzY^
nevr heard dat b4, i did hear 1 bout d blacks in nigeria r sumthin havin bout 40 lower IQ avg dan mst of d rst of d world..
Second thread today I've read where you say something negative about Blacks.

Also on a thread about IQ I'd avoid getting your 13 year old sister to type for you. She seems to think you do it the same way her mates text her.
Bottle_of_Smoke is offline  
06-08-2006, 15:44   #8
RuggieBear
Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum!
 
RuggieBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wirral
Posts: 16,118
Send a message via Skype™ to RuggieBear
There is an argument that the Irish IQ is lower by about 10 point generally as at some deep sub conscious level we all think in only Irish (the language of our ancestors) and as a consequence of speaking and thinking in English, part of our brain power is consumed doing the "translations"


Btw I think the Bell curve is a awful piece of research with some really dodgy methodology and even worse analysis.
RuggieBear is offline  
06-08-2006, 15:46   #9
Tusky
Moderator
 
Tusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Dublin
Posts: 15,705
Mod: Horror
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^CwAzY^
nevr heard dat b4, i did hear 1 bout d blacks in nigeria r sumthin havin bout 40 lower IQ avg dan mst of d rst of d world..
dear christ. Close your boards.ie account please, do us a favour ?
Tusky is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-08-2006, 15:46   #10
Crucifix
Registered User
 
Crucifix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Location, Location
Posts: 3,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfudge
Isn't 90 pretty much the average IQ for humans in general? So it's nothing special if it's true.
I thought 100 was the average by definition. I could be wrong though.
Crucifix is offline  
(3) thanks from:
06-08-2006, 15:47   #11
^CwAzY^
Registered User
 
^CwAzY^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: errrrrk!!!!
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle_of_Smoke
Second thread today I've read where you say something negative about Blacks.

Also on a thread about IQ I'd avoid getting your 13 year old sister to type for you. She seems to think you do it the same way her mates text her.
yawn, dis is taken from richard lynn site

Quote:
In 1991 I extended my work on race differences in intelligence to other races. I concluded that the average IQ of blacks in sub-Saharan Africa is approximately 70. It has long been known that the average IQ of blacks in the United States is approximately 85. The explanation for the higher IQ of American blacks is that they have about 25 per cent of Caucasian genes and a better environment.
Quote:
The IQ of blacks in sub-Saharan Africa is a good deal lower at 67. Hence, the adverse environment in sub-Saharan Africa, which he regards as consisting principally of poor nutrition and health, contributes about 13 IQ points to the low IQ in sub-Saharan Africa.
taken from www.rlynn.co.uk

u cant call me a racist for quotin facts
^CwAzY^ is offline  
06-08-2006, 15:49   #12
Bottle_of_Smoke
Registered User
 
Bottle_of_Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 9,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggieBear
There is an argument that the Irish IQ is lower by about 10 point generally as at some deep sub conscious level we all think in only Irish (the language of our ancestors) and as a consequence of speaking and thinking in English, part of our brain power is consumed doing the "translations"


Btw I think the Bell curve is a awful piece of research with some really dodgy methodology and even worse analysis.
~I'd be interested to know who put forth that argument. I knew a Dutch guy living here so long he said he was translating more when speaking in Dutch. Surely that would imply the brain doesn't mind which language it thinks in once it's used to it.

Surely the english used by English people's ancestors would be very different to the english spoken today.
Bottle_of_Smoke is offline  
06-08-2006, 15:50   #13
monkeyfudge
Registered User
 
monkeyfudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Land of Ooo
Posts: 22,862
Send a message via ICQ to monkeyfudge Send a message via AIM to monkeyfudge Send a message via MSN to monkeyfudge Send a message via Skype™ to monkeyfudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucifix
I thought 100 was the average by definition. I could be wrong though.
Well I think it's something like 80% have an IQ between 90 and 110.

Anything below 70 and you're looking at mental retardation though.
monkeyfudge is offline  
06-08-2006, 15:50   #14
RuggieBear
Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum!
 
RuggieBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wirral
Posts: 16,118
Send a message via Skype™ to RuggieBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^CwAzY^
u cant call me a racist for quotin facts
They are not facts. They are his interpretations of his woeful research.
RuggieBear is offline  
Thanks from:
06-08-2006, 15:52   #15
^CwAzY^
Registered User
 
^CwAzY^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: errrrrk!!!!
Posts: 571
dats jus u sayin its woeful, sure ders lots of ppl who agre wit him
^CwAzY^ is offline  
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search