Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to buy: Vitamins & Supplements

Options
  • 23-11-2002 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

How about a list of places (online or otherwise) where vitamins and supplements can be bought?

I personally only know of the various Nature's Way shops around Dublin - they tend to be a bit pricy though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Aye something I was thinking of alright.

I'm a little busy this week, but will sticky this as per the other thread on fitness links, add to it when i get a chance to look about and then tidy up the thread and lock and stick it.

Cheers,

JAK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

For obvious reasons I get pretty much all my supplements and training stuff through my brother's company. Ireland/UK based and without bias a lot cheaper than the Irish highstreet stores.

WWW.TMOF.COM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ArwenEvenstar

For all the bog standard stuff, boots is not the worst. Also Holland and Barrett..especially their sales :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,391 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

What does everyone think of Tony Quinn Health Shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

I buy my protein off TMOF, good value.

i get my vitamines in bulk from the states, much better value than buying here, just got 250 b complex caps for around 17 euro, i'd say with packaging it works out about 25 euro.

http://www.myvitanet.com/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

The best and cheapest place to buy vitamins is ZipVit. They are the cheapest and supply everything you could think of. I've bought loads off them and they have free shipping over £25 and shipping under that is only around £2. You can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SimplyMe

Fitness Ireland are a new Irish website selling Supplements online. www.fitnessireland.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

why pay 60.20euro for 5lb of whey protein when you can get it at TMOF for 29.99 sterling (45.00 euro) ?

where's the nutritional information as well? how much protein is in those bars?

i'd stick to either the us, or the uk for supliments, as usual ireland is a rip off!

http://www.tmof.co.uk

what can i say, best value protein i've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

http://www.phoenixathletic.com/

I've ordered from the a couple of times, and while they haven't been incredibly speedy, they have always delivered in the end.

pH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭124124

Ordered Whey Trail Pack from TMOF.com Friday, and it was delivered on Tuesday. Brilliant service, fast delivery and nice correspondence.

Haven't tried any other dealers, so I can't compare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Gav_b

Tony Quinn!
    Was talking to a fella about him on Friday night, his opinion was that any shop that stocks food supplements that also give you a tan can't be trusted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

well im starting getting into body building in january.
    i was looking at WWW.TMOF.COM but i dont know what exactly i need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

Ireland is disgraceful for buying supplements and the UK isn't much better unless you use an internet supplier.

Anyway there are sites that sell protein far cheaper than TMOF - £50 for 10lbs of whey at www.sports-nutrition.co.uk

If you ask me though, while the exchange rate with the euro against the dollar is like it is at the moment buy from the US. Optimum whey is only $13.99/kg from www.bodybuilding.com and if you buy in bulk the extra 30% we get due to the exchange rate all but nullifies the delivery cost.

If anyone has any questions about supp stuff pm me I've been lifting for some time now and am in a good position to advise you on any supplements.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

most of the replies in this thread seem to be more about protein supplements than vits and minerals. Do you think it would be better to split this thread to talk about the 2 seperatly????

Originally posted by LFCFan
    most of the replies in this thread seem to be more about protein supplements than vits and minerals. Do you think it would be better to split this thread to talk about the 2 seperatly????

Good Point! Although I think it's easier to buy vits/minerals in your local health store as they need to be replaced frequently as the price discrepancis aren't as great due to the larger market.

If it matters, here's a list of supps I'll take in conjunction with protein to help with recovery and dietary deficiencies (I hate fish and vegetables).

Centrum - multi vit
    Vits - C, D, E, B complex
    Glucosamine & Chondroitin
    Chromium Picolinate
    Dessicated Liver
    Zinc

If I've enough money I'll get ZMA instead of zinc and also take another suplement to complement the picolinate in speeding up my metabolism.

Finally, as a drug tested athlete, I think these supplements are necessary for recovery if your diet isn't perfect as joints wear very easily without drug enhancement. Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Ok well i just purchased a a 340g can of Whey to go protein.Cost 33 euro tho.expensive.
    Can ye give me yer views on it? how often shud it be taken...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

How do you know that these are quality products, though. Is there some stamp of approval by some organisation?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fightinfit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

www.supplementsforless.com

cheapest ive seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Bulk Nutrition is the best site I've found for relatively smaller (i.e. less than 5lb protein tubs) items.

For protein, etc iTrance run some excellent specials from time to time and offer free delivery to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 buzzinb

LFCFan wrote:

if you're just interested in regular vitamins -
    http://www.buy4now.ie/vhihealthshop/shopping.aspx?loc=C&catid=5.11&sort=0&sdir=&pg=2
    these guys seem to have the seven seas range of vitamins. i got this 15% discount voucher from them 473aod.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Anyone any thoughts on the Lidl and Aldi vitamins, are they good quality?

Been a while since I've posted! I got fed up with the supplement situation in Ireland so I decided to just import it in bulk and sell it on at feck all profit. I'm selling ON (Optimum Nutrition) whey protein in 5lbs and 2 lbs tubs in choc, choc mint, strawberry and vanilla. 5lbs is E40 and 2lbs is E25. PM me if you want some I'm in Bray and would deliver to most of Wicklow and South Dublin. If yo're elsewhere I could see bout post...

Sorry if it seems like flagrant promotion but I'm not doing this for a living just to get by while I'm in college so I can afford to sell it cheap!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

thanks for the info easygainer, I think you better edit the text though as you might be banned for selling etc, stick it up in the for sale section, although tech you prob shouldn't there either as its commercial

I can't see an option to edit it, let me know how if you can - normally on vbulletins there's an edit button on the box for the post!

I know gainer, I dont know why sometimes you have the edit option and sometimes you dont, happened to me before, there is a simple answer to it that i dont have, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Easygainer wrote:
    I can't see an option to edit it, let me know how if you can - normally on vbulletins there's an edit button on the box for the post!
    PM one of the mods and ask them to edit it explaining your reasons...

• Advertisement

OFDM wrote:
    PM one of the mods and ask them to edit it explaining your reasons...

I pmed jax so whenever he gets onto me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement