Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-02-2002, 14:07   #16
Saruman

Blame it on your mobile phone and sue!
but first eh GO TO THE DOCTOR YOU NUT i think is the fave answer at the momet!
Advertisement
05-02-2002, 15:02   #17
Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Probably not meningitis rope m8, unless you presented with a rash that didn't fade under pressure. If you do have such a rash see your GP immediately and I mean immediately. Screw the medical card.

But, it could also be a fairly nasty strain of flu. Muscular pain is not uncommon in that case. Also, are you feverish? If so, then you need to take a couple of tylenol and get some rest/plenty of fluids. Either way, I advise you go into your doctor or a random clinic, many of them have walk-in surgeries at certain times where you dont' need an appointment. Take care rope m8, catch me in IRC if you need any further help.

Occy
05-02-2002, 17:31   #18
nesf

Argh Rope, you've my full sympathy, I got a similar symptoms lst year. Take care of yourself, I ended up in hospital with pneumonia a month later, because I never fully recovered from the first flu!
05-02-2002, 17:45   #19
Gambler

My two Cents = Genital Herpies.. Are you a DiCHead by any chance
05-02-2002, 17:56   #20
Victor

I got flu or similar one Christmas. I got up on the Saturday, didn't feel great, went back to bed and woke up Tuesday evening.
Advertisement
05-02-2002, 20:38   #21
azezil
Hosted Moderator

Going through the same thing here myself... but i didn't panic, i just think it a cold personnally

started with sore throat and head that last about 2 /3 days, now its the sore watery eyes, runny nose and occasional cough.
06-02-2002, 10:54   #22
RopeDrink
SpamBlammer 2000

Aww

Occy mate, no I don't have a present rash... Now that Im sleeping elsewhere the back pains have diminished somewhat, but my neck is no better - My throat isn't as bad now seeing as I've started to cough up chunks of brownish mucus with traces of blood - Looks like mince meat... My ears have started to screw up - My left one especially, at one point the whole thing closed up and I went deaf and my jaws are now sore from trying to pop my ear... It's not as bad today as It was yesterday evening - My father gave me some eardrops, but the stuff wont soak in so im assuming I have simply got a blocked ear.
I dont get as many dizzy spells anymore.
continuous pains in my head aren't as bad now, but I do get frequent headaches - I got one really bad one this morning when I was woken by my father turning on the light in my room so I guess my reaction to bright light has gone very bad... Overall I don't feel as awful as I used to so I just might skip the doctor for now although I am re-applying for my medical card so I'll go for a checkup near the end of the week.

To nesf, Sico, Azezil, Victor and anyone else who had something remotely constructive to say - Thanks for the support...

To the rest of you who obviously think that making fun of someone who's gets worried when they're in absolutely devastating ****ing agony will make them better - You're the ones who need to have check-up's.

Clinical Waste, considering the fact that I was told to change my title to what I have now YESTERDAY (A total of two days AFTER I got sick) your sad attempt at being funny makes even less sense than your "Masturabatioun" thread on After Hours Board... I know you like to post rampant bull****, but really, you should try to keep it on threads were people aren't trying to be serious.

Lads, I posted here because of my continuing head problems therfor I considered muscle trauma or, at the extreme worst, a tumor, but I didn't come here to be laughed at, or be at the recieving end of your "OEH, HE'S WEELY WEELY SICK, LETS TWY TOE SCAER HIM!"

I posted here because Occy is a good friend of mine and he's well experienced in the world of medicine, so I wanted his opinion...

If I was attention seeking then I'd feck off to the CS Board were all the little muppets would make a Christmas Dinner out of my thread... If you think im being too serious, just try acting like this on the Admin board and see how well you're recieved...

Gambler, I'm VAR, not DiCHeaD and yes I did get your Joke...
To Everyone else - I can't wait until you get sick - I'll have a field day!

Im outta here to get over my period... Later.
06-02-2002, 11:02   #23
Beruthiel
omnipotent and omniscient

(Looks like Mince meat) thing with traces of blood...

good god Rope, are you mad!? go to the shaggin' doctor - that's not normal!
06-02-2002, 16:34   #24
Victor

The problem with you ears is to do with your Eustachian tubes. These small air ducts that connect your inner ears to your throat (pharynx in fact). The infection is blocking these, preventing the air pressure from balancing (similar to the effect of popping ears in a plane changing latitude or a train going through a tunnel at speed). Clear the throat infection and your ears should work.
Advertisement
06-02-2002, 16:44   #25
scojones
Banned

don't go to the doctor! they are evil!@# stay at home and keep coughin up your insides. That'll show em! trust the sj for he knows all.... <insert spooky music here>
06-02-2002, 16:46   #26
scojones
Banned

ignore my last post. being serious go to the doctor and he'll put you on these antibiotics called "Germentin". They are big mean white tablets that will have you sorted in 2-3 days but you must finish the course!!
06-02-2002, 16:56   #27
GoneShootin

Sorry Rope...I'm a muppet with nothing positive to contribute

Last edited by Bob the Unlucky Octopus; 07-02-2002 at 11:48.
06-02-2002, 17:03   #28
Gordon
Administrator

Admin: Prison
Re: Aww

Quote:
Originally posted by RopeDrink
I posted here because Occy is a good friend of mine and he's well experienced in the world of medicine, so I wanted his opinion...
Then why didn't you PM Occy?
Over 50% of the posts not including your own were advising you to go to the doctor.

Quote:
Originally posted by RopeDrink
Lads, I posted here because of my continuing head problems therfor I considered muscle trauma or, at the extreme worst, a tumor, but I didn't come here to be laughed at, or be at the recieving end of your "OEH, HE'S WEELY WEELY SICK, LETS TWY TOE SCAER HIM!"
Then why didn't you go to the fluppin doctor!!
07-02-2002, 11:54   #29
Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Re: Re: Aww

Quote:
Originally posted by Gordon

Then why didn't you go to the fluppin doctor!!
He explained why he didn't, and how he's sorting it out. The reason he didn't PM me was probably in case I forgot to check it, I do check the science board more than my own PM box after all. Also, I mightn't have been around- I'm really busy with work these days, and Rope knows this. So he posted for some help against the possibility that I wouldn't reply, and someone else with a bit of know-how would.

And what did he get? A fair bit of muppettry, some from those who should know better. I realize it's hard for people in an internet community to take real life seriously, but when someone posts for help, your first instincts should be empathy and compassion, not ridicule. I will not accept negative responses in this thread, not when someone is actually ill and asking for help.

Occy
07-02-2002, 12:19   #30
Clinical Waste

Actually, I wasn't trying to be nasty.
(I work in a Dublin Hospital)

Just trying to make you smile when you felt crappy.

...In my own way I was trying to say you were probably just run down (too much computer time can do that -been there done that) and I did say you should do what everyone else was saying. ie Go to the Doctor.

(ps The mast**bation thing was just an issue with me and Monty -not that big a thing actually -no PUN intended)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion