Parking for Dundrum Town Centre - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-08-2005, 12:55   #1
SixShot

Parking for Dundrum Town Centre

Hi all

Im here to ask any one out there if there is any way of getting Cheap parking in Dundrum
I find 20 euro a day For Staff & Customers to park in the Dundrum Town Centre carpark is a Rip off. Compared to a lot of other centres who dont charge customers & have detacated Staff parking. Drundrum managment are putting Presure on Stores to Open late Mon-Fri and they will not supply Staff parking funny they expect stores to open later for them but wont help out staff. for one ther centre is not as active as it should be & I and many others beleave its because they are charged 2 euro per hour thats Staff as well as customers its a rip off in all fairness 20euro a day for 6 days is a lot & for most theres your wages screwed. well any one out there got sujestions at all.

If there is any Dundrum staff out there I am willing to get a partition going for staff parking so let me know .
Advertisement
28-08-2005, 13:44   #2
boardsee

Thats horribly expensive for parking. Get your petition started quickly
28-08-2005, 13:58   #3
spartacus93

I spent an hour or two there and it was very expensive. Can't remember exactly, but we weren't pleased. I'd say get something done about it
28-08-2005, 14:08   #4
John R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixShot
well any one out there got sujestions at all.
Don't drive to work.
or
Park in sandyford and get the tram.
28-08-2005, 22:55   #5
Shadow_2k5

yeah the Tram is a lot better for the day you can park your car in the luas station its bout 2 euro for 4 hours which is pritty good Still Dundrum should Kop the Fook On thats a true Rip off there & the cheek of them to ask Staff & stores Favers whats the faver for the staff waste more money parking in Fliping Dundrum town Centre Is a True Rip off Feckin shocking
Advertisement
28-08-2005, 22:59   #6
jellie

my friend works there and parks in the luas car park for the day
28-08-2005, 23:02   #7
RainyDay

Their problem is proximity to the LUAS station. Without punitive parking rates, it will become a LUAS park-and-ride facility. All day parking is available in the LUAS station across the road for €4. Staff knew what they were getting into when they took the job - why is it assumed that every employer has to provide car parking for all staff? What ever happened to public transport?
31-08-2005, 00:41   #8
Victor

Get a bus - 14, 14A, 16A, 17, 44/B/C, 48A, 75

http://www.dundrum.ie/

http://www.dublinbus.ie/news_centre/...ew&news_id=477

16A operates to Beaumont Avenue, Churchtown. 16 is a bit further away at Kingston, Ballinteer.
31-08-2005, 09:50   #9
bubby

Apart from that - the carpark in Dundrum is extremely dangerous! It is badly laid out! I've been there twice and almost damaged my car both times.

1st time someone absolutely flying up a ramp almost went into the side of my car. Note - NO road markings to show who has right of way here.

When you are leaving the acarpark - just after shoving your ticket in the yokey, if in the left booth there is a kerb that sticks out and it is NOT clearly visible. The rest of the kerbs have flags and all sorts of crap sticking out of them but this kerb is in an s shape.

Definitely wouldn't go back in there again - pay for parking and know that its only a matter of time before an accident happens there.

The minions are absolutely NO help - if you make any suggestions to them the say "Last week we were 200 and now we only 37". Thats all!

Advertisement
31-08-2005, 10:01   #10
Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubby
if you make any suggestions to them the say "Last week we were 200 and now we only 37". Thats all!
??????????
Thanks from:
31-08-2005, 14:04   #11
LFCFan

Send a message via AIM to LFCFan Send a message via MSN to LFCFan
Why don't they implement a Parking Validation system? I know people could still just park there all day and go in and buy a packet of peanuts to get their tickets validated but surely there must be something that could be implemented. I for one won't be going near the place. Not because of the parking but because it's just a duplication of places like Blanchardstown and Liffey Valley (both of which have free parking of course )
Thanks from:
31-08-2005, 15:27   #12
DubTony

I heard yesterday that they've reduced the parking charge to €2 for the first 3 hours. Can anyone confirm that?
31-08-2005, 16:08   #13
bubby

Yes, thats true. was up there on Saturday.

31-08-2005, 16:09   #14
bubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor
??????????
The guy was saying that they were letting staff go by the bucket load and that they were over-worked

31-08-2005, 17:12   #15
murphaph

Legally, parking must be charged for at that shopping centre. It was a stipulation in DLR's granting of PP. Don't know how much flexibility there is for staff. The stores & centre management should tr to arrange a Luas deal or something, of course nobody is forcing anyone to work there.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion