Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunday Night - QW Night

Options
  • 15-07-2005 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

By the power vested in me, I now pronounce Sunday Night QW NIGHT. This Sunday at least, how bout a few games, see how it goes. Who will play????? Starting 8pm - earlier if u want but target 8pm for our first 4v4.

1. HeelSnatcher
    ??????????

Doesn't matter if you still can't jump across the middle of dm3 just come on IRC anyway in #quake.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

I'll be there.

I should be able to teach the boards.ie pegs a bit about skill. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

But you suck matt.

Hah, Mr Blog Writer Arises From The Ashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

giblet is this true>:?:? did u write ablog'''';'"?/'"?"

No, I wouldn't listen to anything that chav **** says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You read Maddox, sinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pleuraXeraphim

When is the next evening for it ? Sunday again ?

not only sunday, every night if there's enough. There has been a significant boost in the ammount of people playing lately, hop on board the wagon on irc.quakenet.org / #qw.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

The main problem atm is time, for example there were 8 or 9 people playing qw in #qw.ie last night in the space of about 3 hours, but at any time we started games the max on was 5..

I smiled to see a q3'er (Searrard) giving qw a go though, we're certainly winning the battle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

can u use equake for these games killy??

BugBlaster wrote:
    can u use equake for these games killy??
    yes.

In equake (or any other qw client) to connect to the server just type "connect games5.iol.ie". However you should try and get on irc @ ign.ie.quakenet.org #qw.ie as that's where we usually arrange matches etc..

F0bia, just take a look at 'Join Date' and if it says Feb 1998 then thats a good indication that the person knows how to connect to a server.

Illkillya wrote:
    F0bia, just take a look at 'Join Date' and if it says Feb 1998 then thats a good indication that the person knows how to connect to a server.

Not everyone reading this has a join date of Feb '98, if I was directing that advice at anyone I would have said so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Rawr! There's only one way to settle this. Lubricated naked wrestling!
    or possibly quake

Lo bug! Pop on the server Sunday and we'll see if you've lost any skillz in your old age.

Well, it's sunday night (I think), time for qw?

Had some 2on2s and duels, strange how the night that's supposed to be qw night and barely any qw'ers are ever on - might be an idea to change the day?

to when?

Tuesday? A weeknight anyway...

• Advertisement
Advertisement