Biddy Bites Back - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-07-2005, 13:15   #1
Sponge Bob
Banned

Biddy Bites Back

Having managed to get herself promoted way beyond her station and having pocketed a large whack of redundancy in recent years and also pocketed her payout from the employee share option it seems that Biddy has a new strategy for bleeding the Irish public (indirectly) of its money .

Biddy has decided she is going deaf , a la our soldiery.

From The Business Post

Quote:
Eircom is facing the prospect of mass litigation by former telephone operators who claim their hearing was damaged after years of working for the company.

The company confirmed that it was defending litigation in at least one case. Sources said large-scale litigation by current and former employees of Eircom was probable.
Great
Advertisement
03-07-2005, 13:42   #2
Our man in Havana
Closed Account

Roffle
03-07-2005, 13:56   #3
Sponge Bob
Banned

Of course the BIG problem is that Eircom is Self Insured for this kind of legal action and there are 1000's and 1000's of Biddies out there.

Con Scanlon of the CWU is in a pickle here . The CWU has tried to hold back these cases so that they could offload the ESOT shares at a good price.

Con knew something of the scale of the claims pipeline , naturally I trust he fully informed the Board of which he is Vice Chairman of these claim liabilities for which they should provision in their annual accounts .

The floodgates will open this year once some compo freak lawyers start to prepare and submit these claims on a large scale. Liabilities for Biddy and her medical problems in the years 2006 to 2009 are estimated in some quarters at about €30m a year, thats 2% of Turnover each year .

Eirocm will try to increase Line rentals and the state pays over 20% of that already so

1. We the customers will suffer ....we already pay the highest line rental in the known universe.
2. We the taxpayers will suffer.
3. We the taxpaying customers will suffer twice over.
4. We the taxpayers will also have to pay to have rude boorish and deaf biddies clogging up our hospitals

Sheeessshh , will we ever be rid of Biddy in our lifetimes
03-07-2005, 19:11   #4
jesus_thats_gre

Send a message via MSN to jesus_thats_gre
Used to work in one of their call centres myself.. *rubs my hands in gless*
03-07-2005, 19:41   #5
damien

How could they go deaf if they never listened?
Advertisement
03-07-2005, 19:47   #6
Our man in Havana
Closed Account

A male biddy, will wonders ever cease?
03-07-2005, 23:49   #7
jesus_thats_gre

Send a message via MSN to jesus_thats_gre
Male biddy with logic.. ohhh ahhh
04-07-2005, 11:33   #8
scojones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien.m
How could they go deaf if they never listened?
Quote of the week! LMFAO
04-07-2005, 12:21   #9
dahamsta
Banned

C'mon lads, drop the cynicism. It should be obvious to anyone that's every dealt with a Biddy that their hearing issues were caused by sticking cotton buds in their ears for lack of anything better to do while they were pretending to do line tests.

"Nah, that line's workin' perfectly. Must be your wiring."

adam

Last edited by dahamsta; 04-07-2005 at 14:49.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-07-2005, 14:29   #10
jor el
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahamsta
"Nah, that line's workin' perfectly. Must be your wiring."
Don't you mean
"Nah, dat loin's workin' purfectly. Mus be yer woirin'. Wha!"

On a serious note though this does probably spell disaster for customers who are already being fleeced by Eircom since they'll most likely want to increase prices to pay for all this. Hopefully Comreg will not bow (further) to Eircom and allow them to increase line rental once again
04-07-2005, 14:52   #11
Sponge Bob
Banned

According to todays Star some compo lawyer already has 600 biddies lined up to submit their cases any day now for th'oul compo . I'm sure that some other compo lawyers will get on the gravy train PDQ , Acoustic Shock indeedy.
04-07-2005, 14:59   #12
rymus

I dont think comreg bows to eircom anymore, they simply bend over.
05-07-2005, 18:44   #13
Solair
Closed Account

Hmmm, it seems kind of unlikely that they'll be able to win such a case. Unlike the soildiers, they had equipment that was specifically designed for safe use and shouldn't damage your hearing.

If they're from the P&T days, I wonder if eircom's even responsible anymore? P&T was a government department, not a company.

What's next, DJs, RTE Radio and TV presenters, people who have had to listen to speeches in the dail and suffered from chronic bouts of bordom resulting in deep vein trombosis!
05-07-2005, 19:51   #14
juliuspret

I blame the scumbag, ambulance chaseing & money grabbing solicitors who have watched too many US TV shows about litigation!!!

The Army took actions against any further claims with the now high leverl of hearing required for entry and the constant use of earplugs/peltors for the firing range.

Mabye employees who served in the 80's and further back could have got hearing problems...but those who were involved since the 90's dont have a leg to stand on!
05-07-2005, 20:34   #15
Solair
Closed Account

Pre 1980s it was caused by "ear strain" as, according to anyone I've ever spoken to who's used a phone during that period, you needed to listen REALLY hard to actually hear the caller at all.

I must say that they have some of the rudest operators you'll find anywhere on the planet too though.

"yes caller?... I can't do dat from here. Dial 1901 (click & busy tone)"

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion