Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic car storage

• 04-02-2005 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any place - preferably near Munster who store classic cars - am a bit - well lets just say I have cars coming out my ears right now and this would help a lot :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

http://www.ustoreit.ie/web/

I've been meaning to check these guys out myself. I suppose they'd have units on the outside that would be suitable for a car. They don't say much about price and security though.

I could call up late at night and see how long I can sneak around before they nab me! :)

Oh yeah - I think there's another similar place down near the showgrounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

A friend of mine not far from Cobh has safe, dry storage at resonable rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

opening end of month. 6 x 3 bays. warehouse. condensation free contact 0868513221

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Eric318

Okistag: where are these bays? Anywhere near Dublin. I am looking in the Malahide / Swords / Dublin airport area for 1, 2 or even 3 cars.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

hey okistag

me too, any chance these are accessable from dublin - cost???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Southside Dublin I believe ..........this is from an email I recieved........looks pretty interesting !

• Within 30min from Dublin
    • Road adjacent to the M50 and N11
    • Dry, condensation free storage
    • Fully alarmed
    • Short or long term storage
    • Tyre pressures checked
    • Easy access to your vehicle 7 days a week
    • 10% discount when rental paid by direct debit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

MercMad wrote:
    Southside Dublin I believe ..........this is from an email I recieved........looks pretty interesting !
    That does look interesting - who's it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

There is a guy near Ashford/Rathnew, Co. Wicklow, on the old Coast Road that has some very large hitech storage sheds near his home, contacted me last year picking my brains about the concept of Classic Car owners storing their cars with him.

Could be the same guy. Approx 30 minutes from Dublin, adjacent to the N11, (although I don't quite see the M50 bit)

I can dig out his number perhaps, to see if it's the same guy or someone else...

Hello all,
    No, I am not in Ashford at all and in fact, closer to Bray. With the opening of the M50 which ultimately becomes the N11, the access is quick. My storage offers more than just basic parking. One would have their own 6 x 3 bay, a shelf and a plug point to mention but a few. Services on offer include a car hoist amongest others. If anyone would like more details, call me directly or email me. Unfortunately, I cannot give any exact details on location from security point of view, but I would be happy to speak to anyone who is interested in availing of this services. Rates start at €140pm.

Email: jepstein@eircom.net
    Phone : 0868513221

“MY Car Storage ”

Have you ever thought “Oh I’d like that classic car but where will I park it?” or “ I really need to garage my car/s” I hope, I have provided the answers for you with “My Car Storage” facilities.

Being a classic car enthusiast and after looking around for storage I would be happy with for my own vehicles, I felt there was a need for secure dry storage with easy access. Unlike most, I offer amongst other services; easy access to your vehicle 7 days a week and most importantly dry indoor secure storage.

I am also aware that older cars do not like to be started for short periods and with that in mind, we are limiting the number of vehicles stored so that they do not have to be moved, unless there is an emergency.

• Within 30min from Dublin
    • Road adjacent to the M50 and N11
    • Dry, condensation free storage
    • Fully alarmed
    • Short or long term storage
    • Tyre pressures checked
    • Easy access to your vehicle 7 days a week
    • 10% discount when rental paid by direct debit

We are here to help you protect your investment by providing a quality service at a starting rate of € 140.00 per month.

You can gain access:
    • Monday – Friday between 9am and 5pm
    • Saturday 9am – 1pm
    • Sunday and after hours by prior arrangement

And there’s more:

At “My Car Storage” we also provide the following services:

• Detail valeting service (“Show Standard” available)
    • Full range of car covers and carcoons for hire or for sale
    • Sourcing cars (Helping you find the right car for you)
    • Sourcing parts (Brochures and parts catalogues available with friendly advice, if you require)
    • Sourcing accessories (and anything else you might need)
    • Work bay for you to give you car the TLC it may need (Inquire)

Stop hunting and call us at 086 851 3221/086 851 3224, (01) 287 1032 or email jepstein@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I'd consider it if you were nearer to Dublin. I'm storing in Naas at the minute and even though it's free, I'd gladly pay to have it nearer me in Dublin west. 140 per month to me seems expensive though, is it?

• Advertisement

pity you feel the distance too far. i have looked around for space prior to this and found most asking 125-130 for what i call a cow shed and must give 24 hours notice before one can gain access to their vehicle.
    at 140 there is alot of services on offer, it would be like having your own garage away from home with access to a hoist and work bay / wash bay if needed. all indoor warehouse dry with 24 hour security.
    And in generial warehouse space is expensive to start with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Well done Okistag - its about time we had places like yours to store our classics and the facilities you offer seem incredible.

I am from Tralee and am trying to do the same down here but I am unsure if its viable due to lack of volume - :(
    I have a dry (dehumified) and very secure warehouse available which can store 20 cars and would offer tyre pressure and battery charging with free breathable dust covers for your car. I also offer access to your car within one hour's notice 24/7 and all for only €125 per month. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

If anybody is looking for storage I have a detached garage available. Brick built/proper roof, light/power, alarmed.
    I don't have a clue about condensation etc but if somebody wants to plug in a dehumidifier then fine.

But it is small and is not suitable for working in. In fact it wouldn't take a large car at all.

North Co. Dublin.

Might be suitable for somebody who just wants to store a medium sized car away for x weeks/months.

Not a business so I'm flexible with details.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

hey fellas ,

brother in law has a big space & is thinking of building/renovating his storage areas for classic cars.
    It will be in wicklow 15 mins from blessington on the baltinglass side just off the n81. any one interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

dubtom wrote:
    I'd consider it if you were nearer to Dublin. I'm storing in Naas at the minute and even though it's free, I'd gladly pay to have it nearer me in Dublin west. 140 per month to me seems expensive though, is it?

Off peak and at weekends, Bray has got a hell of a lot closer since the M50 extension opened linking it directly onto the N11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Storage

Hi,

We are a new Self Storage Centre with garages suitable for storage of Classic Cars open in Santry near Dublin airport

Freephone 1850 77 22 35

www.needmorespace.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Does anyone know of any place - preferably near Munster who store classic cars - am a bit - well lets just say I have cars coming out my ears right now and this would help a lot :confused:

Keep an eye on daft.ie, some industrial units come up now and again very reasonably priced.

I printed up a few leaflets and dropped them into letterboxes of houses that had suitable garages, the very first house I called to had an unused garage with a pit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Eric318

I am reviving this thread. Anybody interested in sharing storage and restoration space in Malahide?

I am looking at a place in Malahide, previously a car mechanic workshop, that could take in 11 cars for €170 / month each. It is suitably grubby with all necessary facilities. Easy access by DART and Starbucks almost on doorstep. Looking for 10 more "members". Any interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭draycottgirlz

Paul (MN) wrote: »
    If anybody is looking for storage I have a detached garage available. Brick built/proper roof, light/power, alarmed.
    I don't have a clue about condensation etc but if somebody wants to plug in a dehumidifier then fine.
    But it is small and is not suitable for working in. In fact it wouldn't take a large car at all.
    North Co. Dublin.
    Might be suitable for somebody who just wants to store a medium sized car away for x weeks/months.
    Any more detail on this Paul?
    manta mad wrote: »
    hey fellas ,
    brother in law has a big space & is thinking of building/renovating his storage areas for classic cars.
    It will be in wicklow 15 mins from blessington on the baltinglass side just off the n81. any one interested?
    Interested....any more details?
    Eric318 wrote: »
    I am reviving this thread. Anybody interested in sharing storage and restoration space in Malahide?

I am looking at a place in Malahide, previously a car mechanic workshop, that could take in 11 cars for €170 / month each. It is suitably grubby with all necessary facilities. Easy access by DART and Starbucks almost on doorstep. Looking for 10 more "members". Any interest?

11 cars @ 170?

Too pricey for me I reckon......

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jimbobjones40

I've a large space available in Baldonnell in Dublin West for up to 15 cars (20ft by 10ft each). Space is dry with concrete floors (soon to be sealed so no dust). Depending on demand the space will have dehumidifiers fitted. Also it is very secure with one entrance through a large steel double door which is alarmed and has CCTV.

Prices will vary depending on amount of care needed.
    For reference only:

Basic (dry storage and battery check only - recommended for short term storage only): €75*

Level 1 (Includes Basic plus: 30 day: Fluid level check and Tyre rotation. Engine run to normal operating temperature): Additional €25* on Basic.

Level 2 (Includes Basic and Level 1 plus: 60 day: test drive on dry roads for a minimum of 12 miles to test all functions): Additional €40* on Basic.

*All prices inclusive of VAT.

Additional optional extras include a valet service. Also pre-storage check and post storage commissioning by qualified mechanic. Prices vary.

Also available in the future to customers will be service facilities. This will include wash areas (with high pressure washer) and self services fully equipped workshop area (at an agreed hourly rate). And many more options to come.

Finally I'm a classic car enthusiast myself:
    I've four classics: a '68 Volvo Amazon (a new addition), a trusty '83 Toyota Landcruiser BJ40 with 250,000+ miles and two soon to be rare low mileage Fords.
    So you can feel assured your vehicle will be respected at all times.

Call Shane at 087-3261773 or email baldonnellorchards@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jimbobjones40

Anyone interested in the above? :confused:
    If there's no genuine interest shown in the next month I'm withdrawing the offer and using the space for my own collection . . . . . which is getting bigger nearly by the week! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

That's the problem isn't it - everyone wants storage space for their classics but nobody wants to pay for it. :confused:

My compliments to you on your business model. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deadwards.com

Bringing an old thread back to life but does anyone know if there is anywhere currently on the southside of Dublin now offering storage etc? I have been offered a Spitifer in pieces which I would love to try and restore but have nowhere to work on it.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TRNIALL

Bringing an old thread back to life but does anyone know if there is anywhere currently on the southside of Dublin now offering storage etc? I have been offered a Spitifer in pieces which I would love to try and restore but have nowhere to work on it.

Cheers!
    Contact OKISTAG on this Forum He might be able to Help,He might even give you a Hand to Restore it as he is Assisting His Son with one at the Moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rado77

Paul (MN) wrote: »

North Co. Dublin.

Hi Paul, do you still have a detached garage available?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Rado77 wrote: »
    Hi Paul, do you still have a detached garage available?

That post was from 9 years ago :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rado77

CianDon wrote: »
    That post was from 9 years ago :eek:

Never too late;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm still looking for 24hour access storage in Dublin! Currently renting an underground parking space!

Advertisement