Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Renting in Dublin

• 10-07-2019 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    My wife and I will be moving to Dublin with our young son (3) in a few months. We've heard a lot about the challenging rental market in Dublin, and are trying to do our due diligence on which neighborhoods we should be focusing our search on.
    I will be working in Burlington Plaza. We are looking for a safe and relatively quiet neighborhood that is no more than ~30 minutes away from the office (can be either by foot or other means). Either a house or apartment would work.

Would really appreciate any advice on which neighborhoods fit the bill for being nice for families, safe, and relatively close to the office. Neighborhoods / areas outside Dublin are up for consideration as well, as long as they are close to the train and are ~30 minutes away.

Thanks,
    Orr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

orrwein wrote: »
    Hi,
    My wife and I will be moving to Dublin with our young son (3) in a few months. We've heard a lot about the challenging rental market in Dublin, and are trying to do our due diligence on which neighborhoods we should be focusing our search on.
    I will be working in Burlington Plaza. We are looking for a safe and relatively quiet neighborhood that is no more than ~30 minutes away from the office (can be either by foot or other means). Either a house or apartment would work.

Would really appreciate any advice on which neighborhoods fit the bill for being nice for families, safe, and relatively close to the office. Neighborhoods / areas outside Dublin are up for consideration as well, as long as they are close to the train and are ~30 minutes away.

Thanks,
    Orr

Accommodation is of course an issue but if working in Burlington Plaza I would definetely stay south of the River Liffey. Check out areas along the Luas Green Line such as Milltown Dundrum Ballinteer Stillorgan Kilmacud. All are within 15 minutes walk of the Luas tram line which would bring you to Ranelagh which would be 10/15 minutes walk to Burlington Plaza.
    All these areas are well served by shopping centres, sports faciities, parks, schools and hospitals.
    Good. Luck and welcome to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Edgware wrote: »
    Accommodation is of course an issue but if working in Burlington Plaza I would definetely stay south of the River Liffey. Check out areas along the Luas Green Line such as Milltown Dundrum Ballinteer Stillorgan Kilmacud. All are within 15 minutes walk of the Luas tram line which would bring you to Ranelagh which would be 10/15 minutes walk to Burlington Plaza.
    All these areas are well served by shopping centres, sports faciities, parks, schools and hospitals.
    Good. Luck and welcome to Ireland
    The Dart line which is a railway line runs from Howth on the northside to Greystone in the south. Its an ok service. The Luas Green line runs from Cabra in the north, through the city centre and out to Carrickmines in the south. The line from Charlemont to Carrickmines runs alon an old railwayline and so doesnt be impeded by car traffic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

It entirely depends on your budget. Most of the areas mentioned thus far are very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Sandyford near the Luas line would be an option as well. Closer to ~40 mins travel.
    Apartments, such as those in the Beacon. Probably about 1900 per month for a 2 bed.

There's also the No. 11 bus serving that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Entirely depends on your budget but Raheny, Killester and Clontarf on the Northside. Worked in Burlington Plaza myself and the DART service is great to Grand Canal Dock. Approx. 15 minutes walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

What is your budget? Can't really answer without that.

Advertisement