Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Viewing times for rentals

• 04-02-2019 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just looking for some opinions.

My girlfriend and I are looking at places at present in Dublin and all the agencies seem to do is give times that are during the day on a Tuesday or Wednesday! 1pm or 3pm which is impossible to keep asking bosses for time off.

Do they do this purposely to wither down numbers or will they just not work outside their normal hours?

Surely they'd prefer to give people a chance who have good full time employment.

Just wondering what other peoples experiences have been to be in with a shot.
    Take a few days off and view as many as possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

They can probably fill the place with good quality tenants without doing out of hours viewings.

Are you both going to each viewing or dividing your effort?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

bit of both when we can really. just tough to do as we work in the same company too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Not a lot you can do, it's a while since I was looking for a rental but when I was I got in touch with some of the larger companies like IRES Reit to see if I could do all the background before inquiring about specific rentals.

Some of them were open to that and some weren't, pretty IRES were.

I didn't end up renting at that time so no idea if it would have actually helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Approach LL's directly on DAFT, we tend to work too so you'll get viewings after hours.

Approach LL's directly on DAFT, we tend to work too so you'll get viewings after hours.

Apologies "LL's"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭loobylou

Landlords

loobylou wrote: »
    Landlords

haha jesus... dunno how i didn't get that. think my head was in agency mode. cheers.

Advertisement