Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stone wall insulation

Options
  • 13-01-2017 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi. Can anyone with experience advise me on applying insulation to two foot thick stone walls. Some walls have stone exposed on the inside and some have sand cement plaster on the inside. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Op:
    this was your first post which gives more clarity

Hi, I'm renovating an old house built of stone . All the walls are about 600 thick. I've knocked off some of the old lime plaster in some rooms but some of the house was plastered in the new with sand cement which I haven't touched.
    I want to insulate all the external walls.
    Should I knock off all the new plaster first.
    Also what is the best method of dry lining , I've got a lot of different opinions, using timber battens with dpc, insulated sheets straight onto walls , foil back sheets , free standing stud work. The list goes on. I'm mostly concerned about the walls with the sand cement plaster as they have a lot of condensation on cold wet days. The house has been lived in for years. Any advice appreciated

This matter has been discussed here recently so what I suggest you do, as a newbie here, is go to advanced search in google, put boards.ie in as the domain and select some words for the all these words:: option.
    for example put in Calahonda52 lime little
    there are 18 hits

Also search for https://www.google.ie/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=joseph+little+breaking+the+mould&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=_lJ5WIWGIaaS6ASflqWgBA

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement