Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Secret Santa 2016

• 01-11-2016 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

264q14p.jpg
    It’s the most wonderful time of the year…. My PM box has been cleared, spreadsheets sorted and a large bottle of wine is chilling in the fridge..

Yes, you guessed it, Boards Secret Santa is back once again! I’ve decided I haven’t had enough punishment over the past couple of years so we’re back. :D

So, step up with all creatures furry, feathered, scaled, spined and anything else in between!

Most of you are familiar with how this works, but as we always welcome newbies with open arms – here’s how it works.

The rules are simple, this is a Secret Santa for your pets. You can enter as many pets as you like, and you will buy presents for an equal number of pets.

Any type of pet can enter – cat, dog, rabbit, rats, fish, chickens, horses, reptiles – you get the idea. We will *especially* welcome entries from stick insects!

You can buy or create your presents however you like but the limit for spending is €10. You can be surprised how much you can do with that small amount!

You must have 100 posts or over on boards to enter to ensure all entries are genuine posters.

Unfortunately, due to this being a very time consuming process and my recent attainment of a life, the entries are will be reduced to 30 this year. So, get those entries in quick! :P

Closing date for entries: November 18th. This is closing a week earlier this year to allow time for packages to arrive if any problems are encountered.

Posting dates: November 25th to December 2nd. (Keep in mind especially if ordering presents online). You are of course more than welcome to post before this date if you have presents sorted!

Opening date: December 22nd

For those of you wishing to enter, PM me with the following:

Your Details
    -Your Name – Make sure that the package will reach you, you can use your full name or initials.
    -Your Address – this will be treated with the strictest confidence. This can be your home address, or a c/o address/ work address!
    -EirCode – if applicable!

Your pet’s details
    -Species:
    -Pet’s name (optional):
    -Is food allowed: (note that some animals may suffer from allergies)
    -Likes/Dislikes:

NB: When posting your package, please use the owners name as postal address to avoid confusion. It would be nice if you could include the pets name elsewhere on the package, for example: Patch C/O John Smith, as some users enter multiple pets!

This thread is going to be a happy fun place to discuss all things Secret Santa related and post pictures so if there are any problems don’t hesitate to PM me.

Also, hat tip to my wonderful OH who isn’t on boards for designing the beautiful cover picture. I asked for a couple of Santa hats to be thrown on some animal stock images and she came up with this with my own babies slotted in!! :D

Can’t believe this is the 7th year already! You can find links to the previous threads here: 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010.

Let the madness commence!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hmmm I dunno - I've been burned the last couple of years with non-standard pets! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

tk123 wrote: »
    Hmmm I dunno - I've been burned the last couple of years with non-standard pets! :pac:

PM on the way to SM with those non standard pets

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm in for 2! :) Will PM now.

LOVE THIS EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

tk123 wrote: »

I'm always open to accepting bribes :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Stick insect for tk!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

I'm relatively new to posting on the animal and pet issues forum. Started posting since the dogs diagnosis of arthritis. I'm very tempted to enter the secret santa. I think it would be nice to receive a present in the post for the dog especially considering she's getting old and it might be her last Christmas. I don't know how I would be buying for creatures that are not cats, dogs, rabbits, fish. The thought of reptiles, horses, chickens, etc I'm not to sure about. I'll have a think about this and confirm later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Maybe I should get a pet Stick insect.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Deffo in for my two furbabies..

pm to follow! :-)

sooo excited!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

PM sent :) Also, hope it's okay to mention pet bliss have 25% off Christmas stock so you could buy a few things in the hope that you get a certain animal!!:) Milo will have everything crossed that I don't get a dog in the Secret Santa draw so he can have all of the toys!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

PM sent, I've added in my 17 new additions to the mix this year :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I finally have 100 posts! PM for my 2 to follow!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

I AM SO EXCITED!! I was thinking about this last week and wondering when it would appear again!

ene wrote: »
    I AM SO EXCITED!! I was thinking about this last week and wondering when it would appear again!

For as long as it's me doing it - as soon as I can get away with talking about Christmas. Which in my head is the day after Halloween :p

Great response again this year, places are filling fast :D

For as long as it's me doing it - as soon as I can get away with talking about Christmas. Which in my head is the day after Halloween :p

Great response again this year, places are filling fast :D

I am the exact same! I was singing along with fairytale of new york whilst having my breakfast this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Yaaaay, my favourite time of year!
    I'll send in my lads tomorrow because boards is kind of wonky on my phone lately.

I may or may not have been scoping out all the various zoo plus sites all evening to see which has the best Christmas offerings... (for the record, it's the German one :P ). I may need to do some pre SS shopping just to get an advent calendar for the babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Yes!! Finally! Waiting all year!

Entered in the horse and the dogs this year. Left the dragons out as they hardly used what they got the last two years! Silly dragons although they do love the hammock they got ....

Looking like a good bunch again this year, not as many unusual pets as before so you may be safe TK :P

Can I also ask that all boardies who enter make sure that they have room in their PM box to receive messages, otherwise I will be unable to send on your details when the time comes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

SillyMango I sent you a pm I had to correct my address had a wrong number in the original oops sorry x

• Pm sent! :)

• Advertisement

Just 7 spots left this year so for anyone humming and hawing about entering, now is the time to do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah go on then! I'm just going to enter one of them because they have too much stuff as it is! We still have all our brilliant presents from last year :D

• Last year Hiro got a pack of little green hard chew toys from his secret santa and both he and my other dog loved them. Such a simple thing but he got endless entertainment from them. We only threw out the last little nub of one recently so he almost got a full year out of them! I've never seen them in shops since but they were super durable. If his secret Santa is reading this.. thanks for keeping him quiet and happy many an evening over the last year!
    All his other presents were great too, as were Khalis. It's such a fun experience. Have entered my cat this year!

Lotso is still enjoying a toy that i bought to send to HIS secret santa that he stole. Hopefully i will be better at hiding it this year!

Had a very quiet PM box over the weekend! There's still 6 spots up for grabs :)

And then there was 3.. Filling fast this year!

A week left to enter and 3 spots to go! Sooner it fillls, the sooner I can get the details sent out - give ye an extra bit of time shopping :P

Last spot left!!!

• Somebody enter! I'm dying to know my animal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Somebody enter! I'm dying to know my animal!

Eh, hi. I'm ShaShaWolf... and I'd totally like to put forward my cat... eh... Popie.. :D

Advertisement