Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Werewolf I - The Beginning | Completed - Villagers Win

Options
  • 21-08-2016 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THE PLAYERS. ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN PM ME.

487348.jpg

Welcome to Werewolf I on boards.ie. This is the live game thread and is for live players only.

We have 21 people in the sleepy village of After Hours. They’ve lived a pretty uneventful life up to now, normally filling up their days with arguments about inane topics that get repeated over and over. However, their peaceful existence is about to be rudely interrupted with an outbreak of werewolfism. This community must now pull together using the tools at its disposal to discover the identity of these wolves living among them. While the wolves will kill someone every night, the village have the opportunity to lynch someone each day and do so by public vote.

Special Roles
    Wolves: There are 4 wolves who can communicate on their own message board separate from Boards.ie. They have equal power and can kill one villager each night.
    Seer: The seer has the ability to PM the moderator once per turn and ask him 'Is X a werewolf?' to which the moderator will answer truthfully yes or no.

Priest: The priest will learn the roles of any players killed in the game. This priest will also have the ability to train another villager once in the game to also learn the roles of the dead. This trainee will only learn the roles of the dead after they have been trained. The priest needs to be careful though because the trainee will also learn the identity of the original Priest and should he train a wolf accidentally they will then have the power.

Witness: The witness selects another player (cannot be the same person on consecutive nights.) to follow, if that player is killed during the night then the witness learns the identity of one of the werewolves (chosen at random). If the witness selects a werewolf then he/she learns nothing, because werewolves are too crafty to be followed, and if he ever does witness a killing then he becomes, for the remainder of the game, a normal villager.

Players given these roles can announce them to the group if so desired, as can any player announce anything to the group really (in a game of Werewolf lying and deception is encouraged), but beware, doing so would likely make you a prime target for slaughter.

Win Conditions
    For a village/good win they simply have to kill all the werewolves.
    For a Wolf/evil win they have to gain parity of numbers with the village. E.g. 3 wolves and 3 villagers left = wolf win.

Rules:
    1) Once you are killed do not post in the thread again.
    2) Don’t cheat, it’s a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread.
    3) Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in as a minimum. The game is too small to mod kill inactives.
    4) No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring to the content of them.
    5) Game starts with a wolf slaughter to be revealed at 10am tomorrow morning.
    6) If you've got any questions for me send me a message.
    7) Wolves win if they receive parity with the village. Village wins when they lynch all 4 wolves.
    8) Don’t be a sensitive soul. While boards own forum rules clearly take precedence over any in-game rules that I have, this is a game where people will be insulted, there will be some bad language and people will try to provoke a reaction out of each other. Please accept this is part of the game and don’t go annoying the mods with the report post button unless really needed.
    9) If someone misses 2 votes in a row without a good reason they will be modkilled by me and replaced with a substitute.
    10) DO NOT EVER EDIT A POST. IF YOU HIT THE POST REPLY BUTTON THEN LIVE WITH IT. YELLOW CARDS AND RED CARDS WILL BE HANDED OUT TO PLAYERS WHO EDIT POSTS.
    11) Do not share your vote form password to anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself.
    12) Have fun, make meme’s, take the piss and try to enjoy the game.

I may have left out some rules and if anything comes up in the game I’ll answer any PM’s and on some occasions I may even post rule clarifications in the thread. Also, the 10pm lynch should never be a problem for me, but some mornings I may be a little late with the 10am announcements. I’ll try to avoid that as much as possible.

Lynch Form
    https://goo.gl/forms/OfaXy3L8lQJlX78V2

(thanks to a stupid mistake I made preparing the role PM’s in Excel about half the PM’s I sent had the wrong voting link)

Roster
    1. The Dazzler
    2. Persepoly
    3. dobman88
    4. The Valeyard
    5. Andy125
    6. MrsFlushdraw
    7. MicksJaguar
    8. KERSPLAT!
    9. Fleawuss
    10. Uriel.
    11. ShatterProof
    12. suffering golfer
    13. sullivlo (limited access for a few days)
    14. Kylo Ren
    15. El Hombre
    16. boneyarsebogman
    17. Digital Solitude
    18. mahamageehad
    19. Poochie05
    20. tritium
    21. Ficheall

Rule clarification.

1) The votes will be published when I announce the Lynch. They will be posted in order of who received the most votes and then in chronological order but with no timestamps.

2) People are free to post in the thread until the lynch and slaughter are announced. You are not dead until I make a post in the game thread announcing it.

3) In the event of a tie in lynch votes, the person with the last vote cast against them will be lynched.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

FEEL FREE TO START POSTING AWAY NOW GUYS. ANYTHING SAID IN THIS THREAD WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE GAME RULES SO KEEP THAT IN MIND

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Excellent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Evening all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I'm still not sure how this is all supposed to play out but I guess it will start to get interesting from 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

well whoever the seer is dont come forward until you have some wolf names

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Any wolves care to volunteer their identity????

Any wolves care to volunteer their identity????

why would your wolf brothers do that?

oh yes i went there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭tritium

A big thank you to Jayop for unleashing this horror amongst us!

I'd say the first poster in the thread is most likely to be a Wolf...

Anseo... Anyone wanna give me cliffs on Jayos post its mage long :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

I'm just going to leave this slab of raw fillet steak here

Fleawuss wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this slab of raw fillet steak here

Will you heat it up?!;)

Will you heat it up?!;)

Is your tail wagging?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Anseo... Anyone wanna give me cliffs on Jayos post its mage long :p

I've heard wolves can't read !!!!!

Wolves and jaguars, hmmmmm , I wonder.....

I've heard wolves can't read !!!!!

Wolves and jaguars, hmmmmm , I wonder.....

Well if I couldnt read I wouldnt want cliffs :cool: I'm just lazy the most villager trait there is considering no one seems to have a job in this god dam village

Under special roles it says 4 wolves but in rule 7 its says village wins if 3 are lynched??

Did anyone hear that?

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Did anyone hear that?

Sorry having a small party in my hut, will try keep it down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭El Hombre

I hope the stew I'm cooking in my little cottage doesn't attract the wolves :o

Under special roles it says 4 wolves but in rule 7 its says village wins if 3 are lynched??

MY BAD, THAT'S A TYPO. I'LL EDIT IT OUT.

• Advertisement

I ALSO AMENDED THE DESCRIPTION OF THE WITNESS TO ADD THAT THEY CANNOT FOLLOW THE SAME PERSON ON CONSECUTIVE NIGHTS

so there is 4 wolves?

andy125 wrote: »
    so there is 4 wolves?

CORRECT

May god have mercy on us all

I wonder if the 4 wolves are part of the same family/pack...

if i dont make it through the night will someone feed my cat?

feed it to wolves?

Uriel. wrote: »
    feed it to wolves?

:eek::eek: For shame

:eek::eek: For shame

Not wanting to sacrafice the cat so it might save a villager is very wolfy, we have our first arooooga

• Advertisement

If I survive I will Andy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement